X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Voirdire View Post

I couldn’t give you an exact number but they need all the bodies they can get.
    Roger

Leave a comment:

• trooper2864
    replied
    Originally posted by Iamkre8 View Post
    Hello, I'm looking to relocate to Nevada within the next year or so. Im looking at the Las Vegas Area. I current work as a Corrections Officer in a different state. I have about 6 different positions that I'm looking at currently. Any Insight on these positions and departments will be greatly appreciated.

The city of Las Vegas Deputy Marshal and Deputy Court Marshal
    The City of Las Vegas Corrections.
    Lvmpd Corrections
    Lvmpd Police recruit
    Nevada Department of Corrections
    Nevada Dps Officer

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and insight!
    im shocked city of Las Vegas deputy marshal is on your list but not north las vegas pd or Henderson pd any reason why you haven’t give those agencies a thought?

Leave a comment:

• Voirdire
    replied
    Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
    Gotchu. I’m currently a federal police officer now with the VA. I’ve been a correctional officer before and would rather continue being a PO. So maybe I’ll wait for the PO background to start versus CO!

I like the green weather and mountain scenery out that way versus the flat parts of the Midwest states. Any idea how many PO they’re trying to hire in the future?
    I couldn’t give you an exact number but they need all the bodies they can get.

Leave a comment:

• KrayJack
    replied
    Gotchu. I’m currently a federal police officer now with the VA. I’ve been a correctional officer before and would rather continue being a PO. So maybe I’ll wait for the PO background to start versus CO!

I like the green weather and mountain scenery out that way versus the flat parts of the Midwest states. Any idea how many PO they’re trying to hire in the future?

Leave a comment:

• Voirdire
    replied

how do you like the PO side of metro? Is the process difficult?
    Well, it’s been an adventure, that’s for sure. I certainly prefer the PO side over CO. I don’t want to be stuck in a jail. I like being out and about. However, as a CO, you can make a lot of money with OT. There’s still OT as a PO but COs get a ton. It really depends what you want to do. If you want to drive around in a car, make arrests, and respond to crazy things, then PO is for you. Of course the jail has their fair share of crazy things. It’s just different. You’re dealing with inmates.

For PO, you have your good supervisors and bad. Just like any other place. PO side is pretty short and hurting for bodies. I went to the academy many years ago but yeah it was difficult. There was little sleep and tons of homework. I’ve heard things have changed at the academy but I don’t keep up with that like I used to. I’ve gotten older and my priorities have changed. But I’m still willing to help out when I can.

Leave a comment:

• KrayJack
    replied

Im not. I’m PO side. I don’t know a lot about corrections.
    how do you like the PO side of metro? Is the process difficult?

Leave a comment:

• Voirdire
    replied

Are you with metro corrections?
    Im not. I’m PO side. I don’t know a lot about corrections.

Leave a comment:

• KrayJack
    replied
    Metro just opened Lateral Corrections recruit. Might be worth looking at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/caree...ortunitiesJobs
    Are you with metro corrections?

Leave a comment:

• Voirdire
    replied
    Metro just opened Lateral Corrections recruit. Might be worth looking at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/caree...ortunitiesJobs

Leave a comment:

• BIG RICH
    replied
    LVMPD as whole is an amazing department to work for. LVMPD has so many resources to utilize when you're on patrol.
    Corrections for LVMPD is also another great part of LVMPD. Just like other jobs you'll get those who say, " This dept horrible..." I wouldn't focus on the bad instead focus on the good.

Marshals are in charge of the city aspect of parks and courts. They seem to have fun in their role.

NV DPS or NVHP are a different breed. I've heard bad things but all interactions with them have been positive.

NV corrections I never talked them.

LV city corrections seem to be cool. They are small but they seem to have good morale.

Leave a comment:

• Iamkre8
    started a topic Relocating

Relocating

Hello, I'm looking to relocate to Nevada within the next year or so. Im looking at the Las Vegas Area. I current work as a Corrections Officer in a different state. I have about 6 different positions that I'm looking at currently. Any Insight on these positions and departments will be greatly appreciated.

The city of Las Vegas Deputy Marshal and Deputy Court Marshal
    The City of Las Vegas Corrections.
    Lvmpd Corrections
    Lvmpd Police recruit
    Nevada Department of Corrections
    Nevada Dps Officer

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and insight!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2867 users online. 221 members and 2646 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X