300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVMPD Process 2020-2021

Noticed there wasn’t one like this - so who is where and who has questions?

Just had my psych written/background interview/have poly graph and psych oral tomorrow. 3/24/21

Comment

Nice bro, how was it? I was there this week. I did written psych, oral, BI interview and poly.

Comment

Finally responses haha how did it go riser?! And yeah I’m in the same place corvette. Finished everything just waiting on notification of passing backgrounds which I think should be pretty soon and that’s it. Medical and day 0. Were so close!

Comment

• Corvette76
          Corvette76 commented
          Editing a comment
          Riser1x , how do you know that you passed psych? I tested 3/24 too.

• Riser1x
          Riser1x commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh I ment to say I passed the poly, and the psych was easy lol. I'm sure we all did well nothing odd was asked.

• Evangelista1994
          Evangelista1994 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello GR51, Congrats on making it to the Academy I am new here and I have my dates for written Psych, and Backgrounds etc. next month. Would you have any tips for me to score efficiently towards the ranks? Thanks I would appreciate it. I also have been doing my fair share of preparing for each step.

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Evangelista - welcome aboard man and thank you. Your rank has already been determined after your written and physical testing. Right now the most important things I can tell you is - be yourself, be honest, be patient, and start preparing (learning your 400s and dispositions + running). You’re at possibly the hardest stage which is finish the stuff and wait so just remember when the time comes, no news is good news. Best of luck to you, and I hope to see you getting the call one day!

Corvette it won’t let me comment on my phone, I need to do a whole new post. I did everything in November. BI in February. Both psychs and poly in March. Quiet since then.

Comment

• Corvette76
          Corvette76 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice man, when’s that board review thing for you? There’s an academy for April and July. Then 2 more after those for this year.

How was your oral psych? Mine was fast like 15-20 mins...

• Riser1x
          Riser1x commented
          Editing a comment
          What's the board review thing? lol

Im in the apr academy. The process for me was quick you guys should be getting a call from your backgrounds soon

Comment

• Corvette76
          Corvette76 commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you test? How long was your process?

• Riser1x
          Riser1x commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did your Background take to clear? My BI also stated a summer academy.

I tested nov. submitted my background packet mid dec did my background interview mid january and my poly was scheduled a week after then psych test was feb 1st then the oral was couple days after. And i got the call from my BI early march

Comment

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey what ranking are you? I feel like I should’ve been in the April academy too based off my ranking.

I believe they will let us know by late April or early may. For the psych did they tell you if you passed?

Comment

Jayc I’m in the same testing - what was your ranking?? Corvette my oral was like 30 mins or so. They didn’t tell you but if you failed they DQ you without hesitation per my understanding.

Comment

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Also he never told me when my review is. My detective really doesn’t communicate well

• Jayc0128
            Jayc0128 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m not sure what rank i was. Your oral psych test was atleast 30mins?.. idk how they pick and chooses who goes to the academy but i believe the psychologist will play a big part on it

• Jayc0128
            Jayc0128 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cause if you get DQ’d or not chosen they would send you an email stating you have not been chosen. So you might be in the next one?

Nice I’m from the January testing pool, I’m from out of state. My rank was 52. I think our review is by may or end of April.

Comment

Best of luck to you all. If you dont already know, this department plans to have several academies this year/next year.
            knowledge equals confidence

Comment

• Riser1x
              Riser1x commented
              Editing a comment
              How many do they run at once, do you know?

• Kimo
              Kimo commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know. In the past, they would have 3 academies running at the same time. Each class had approx 40-60 recruits. With Covid restrictions, I do not know how exactly they plan to do this. My guess is having 2 different shifts. One class being on day shift and the other being on swing shift.

how difficult is the oral interview??

Comment

• Corvette76
              Corvette76 commented
              Editing a comment
              There’s no oral interview .. only oral psych if that’s what you referring to.

What? No oral board interview?

Comment

Wassup LVMPD Hopefuls!

Here is my process so far, I haven't used this account in like forever! So I don't remember all the functions and I thought I could just add my process in my signature box which I can't find. Instead, I'll just post it!

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department:
              Out of State Applicant - California

Applied: 10/07/2020
              Written Exam: 11/03/2020 Passed: 73.8 + 2 points for Veteran
              Physical Test: 11/04/2020 Passed
              Ranking: 11/13/2020 Rank 169
              Notice for BG: 12/09/2020
              Written Psych: 02/01/2020
              BGI Interview: 02/02/2020
              Oral Psych: 02/03/2020
              Polygraph: 02/04/2020 Spiked on last Question, Passed 2 of 3
              Turned in BG Docs: 12/16/2020
              BG Completed: ~ 03/24/2020-04/05/2020 (BGI went on Leave w/o letting me know or that he submitted my file)
              Board Review: Awaiting Results
              Medical: TBD
              The Call: TBD

I haven't heard from my BGI throughout my process. The only time I heard from him was when I checked-in beginning of March and his reply was, "thanks". That's it!

Another time I heard from him was when I sent an email that I had a question on seeking advice because of my military, but it wasn't him that I heard from it was an out of office reply, indicating he would be out from 03/25/2020-04/05/2020, which I did not know he was going to be out. I decided to call him when he returned so I can get some form of advice but he said he had to deal with 100+ emails and he would let me know. So, the next day since I hadn't heard from him, I emailed him to see if he had a chance to review my email and his reply was, "I should have an answer on your file by weeks end". My initial thought was, you submitted my file??? This was this past week but I hadn't heard anything.

Like I mentioned, I never heard from my BGI at all except for the above mentioned. I did spike on Law Enforcement question for the Polygraph (I'm Prior LE in CA) and the proctor didn't say it was a pass or fail, I wrote my explanation and he said that I could retest if they wanted me to. I told my BGI this right after the test and he said he would wait for the results but nothing afterwards.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Scuttlebutt is that they are running 6 academies this year and range from 80-100 recruits per class. Other candidates were saying that those who tested in my group will likely have a November academy.

-DeL
              Last edited by Teriyakisauce; 04-10-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Corvette76
                Corvette76 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey man any idea when’s your board review ? What academy you aiming for? There’s one April 12 & then again in July.

Originally posted by hopefulfedle View Post
              What? No oral board interview?
              No Oral Board Interview as of 2017 I believe. to substitute for it, they included a 3 question essay. I don't remember if it was during the Written Exam or the Written Psych.

-DeL

Comment

• Riser1x
                Riser1x commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine was during the BI and it was only 2 questions.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3376 users online. 194 members and 3182 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X