Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone in the academy now how was your first week? Can you give a brief run down of an average day? How many recruits are in each class?

Comment

• Kimo
      Kimo commented
      Editing a comment
      Doubt you will have someone who is currently in the academy write to you. From the looks of it, each class has approximately 40-60 recruits. An average day will vary but to give you an example on your first month. Expect "Discipline" throughout your day for people making mistakes. Running approximately 4-6 miles every other day. Cross training on the off days. Expect a significant amount of "Homework" everyday and the tac staff expect you study/memorize definitions, 400 codes, policies etc.. You will be at the academy for 4days (10 hours each) with 3 days off. You will have homework on those 3 days off. You could knock out of the homework on day 1 of 3. However you will be expected to be up to date on knowledge, policies etc.. The hardest part for me was the little sleep we would get because my class was hammered with crazy amount of homework.

Finally received the call, September academy!!!

Comment

• Evangelista1994
      Evangelista1994 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude Congrats MAN !!! Hopefully I am able to get the call.
      What was your timeline since the written exam? I just finished all my interviews and am currently in backgrounds.

Congratulations GiantsFan808! That's awesome man.

Comment

• GiantsFan808
      GiantsFan808 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chrono best of luck in November man and maybe one day we will run into each other in the future haha

• Chrono
      Chrono commented
      Editing a comment
      Same to you! I'm sure we'll cross paths at the academy and not know it! haha

Hey there all! Just finished all my interviews on Thursday. Passed polygraph on Wednesday. Any suggestions on what to do now? How long is backgrounds?

Comment

• Chrono
      Chrono commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Rssj91! After competing your BGI Interview, Poly, and psych all you can do now is keep up with your physical training (cardio and weight training) and start studying 400 codes and definitions. The anticipation will drive you crazy but that's a given.

Based on everyone's comments on this forum it would seem the average amount of time to find out if you passed backgrounds is 2 months. However, you could get lucky and find out a month after your BGI interview like me. I would imagine it depends on your BGI and the complexity of your file and references.

so average turn around times for CO/PO is about 6 months it looks like?

Comment

• Chrono
      Chrono commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey lamkre8! Generally yes.

Chrono ok thanks

Comment

Anyone else get disqualified due to the psych?
      Last edited by Doctorhoot; 08-09-2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Doctorhoot
        Doctorhoot commented
        Editing a comment
        Back in July. I just got the email today that I did not pass my psych even though I felt pretty good about it and stayed consistent with my answers. Sucks.

• Evangelista1994
        Editing a comment
        I am sorry to hear about that man, I just had all my dates August 2-7
        I do not feel confident about the poly or psych? So we will see.

• qq2021
        qq2021 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry to hear that. Just remember that just because you didn't pass Metro's psych, doesn't mean you won't pass another agency's psych. Keep applying.

• Rssj91
        Rssj91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I disliked the fact that I had my BI right after the psych written exam. I had the interview at 1pm. By 12:30 I still had around a couple hundred questions left to answer. I felt rushed and I felt like I could have done better. Hopefully I pass though.

For Day 0 is the PT requirements still the same? I heard that it’s nothing like our first PT. How different is it and what should I expect? Also, regarding passing do they tell you the same day?

Comment

• Chrono
        Chrono commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Grace42, it is the same physical test you did a couple months ago (min 15" vert jump, agility run, 30 sit ups, 23 pushups etc). However it is proctored by the Academy TAC staff and not the recruitment staff, which can be more stressful I heard. I can almost guarantee that they will tell you you passed same day because academy in processing is right after the physical test. They probably wont let you attend in processing if you don't pass.

• Dt1911
        Dt1911 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's the same requirements as the initial PAT, but you get smoked all day to simulate a typical day at the academy.

Has anyone gotten their call for Sept academy lately?

Comment

• For the new class starting...Just remember 414A is pronounced as "petite larceny"

Comment

• Unfortunately I failed the psych and I was DQ today. Good luck to all of you !

Comment

• Rssj91
            Rssj91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Evangelista1994, sorry to hear that. I believe we did everything on the same week. First week of August to be exact. Did they tell you why you failed? My BI called my wife today to ask about me. He contacted all my references already. Was your BI doing all that before you got DQ'd?

• Evangelista1994, sorry to hear that. I believe we did everything on the same week. First week of August to be exact. Did they tell you why you failed? My BI called my wife today to ask about me. He contacted all my references already. Was your BI doing all that before you got DQ'd?

Comment

• Evangelista1994
            Editing a comment
            Rssj91, Thanks Man I'm still with other departments currently but LVMPD was the furthest and fastest so far so it is a bummer. I don't believe he called all my references just yet but he did tell me that he received all of there reference packets except one. I failed the psych and they just told me this ,"DISQUALIFIED:

Your performance in the psychological portion of the hiring process does not meet our acceptable standard, therefore you are ineligible for employment at this time"

• Kimo
            Kimo commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear that. I really don't know how these psych exams work. What I do know is that I've seen people fail a psych for one department, but pass it another. Best of luck

• I received the email that I passed my background investigation. Anyone know what's the next step? Is there something missing?

Comment

• Rssj91
            Rssj91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Qq2021, congrats!! It's a good feeling. I'm from the May group. Have you gotten a call yet? I'm from out of state so I wonder if they'll give me more time to prepare.

• Kimo
            Kimo commented
            Editing a comment
            Your next step is a phone call for your medical/ academy uniform fitting. I'm not sure when the next academy is, but it should be soon as they are trying to hire more people. Last academy I believe they wanted 80-90 recruits, but they were only able to get approx 60. I believe the next academy is in Oct or Nov but i am not sure. You'll get about a month of a notice before starting the academy.

• qq2021
            qq2021 commented
            Editing a comment
            No call yet, but I’m really hoping to get one by the end of next week.

• Rssj91
            Rssj91 commented
            Editing a comment
            qq2021, Just called HR. Next academy is November. My BI said I might join that academy. He said to just wait for the call. See you there.

• Just got the call! I'm in the November academy!

Comment

• qq2021
            qq2021 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here! Congrats!

• Anyone have the academy gear list sheet??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3533 users online. 218 members and 3315 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X