Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far are you guys running to prepare? I’m currently doing 2-3 miles, trying to get up to 4-5 before the academy starts.

Comment

• GR51
      GR51 commented
      Editing a comment
      Personally I’m doing interval training (sprint/jog/run repeat) 2-3 times a week then once a week I’ll do 3-4 miles. Plan on being able to do 6 miles by the time academy starts, if not at least 5 miles. You can expect to start off with 2-3 mile runs and a lot of sprints and such in the beginning, and by the end 6 mile runs.

• GR51
      GR51 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you’re in this academy, we have TAC Sergeant Wilson. He is well known for his love of ultra marathons and such and he brings that love with him to the academy. We will be running a lot more than the rest.

• Ibarra702
      Ibarra702 commented
      Editing a comment
      I been also mixing everything up, weight lifting, running a minimum of 2 miles longest distance I have done was 5 miles so far.

Everybody in July academy should be receiving their P#s today along with offer letter. Congratulations all!

Comment

• Riser1x
      Riser1x commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup got mine! Cya there bro.

• Ibarra702
      Ibarra702 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same! Congrats everyone count time under a month away !

Are you guys dating the paperwork with whatever date you completed the paper work or holding off on the date until further instructions?

Comment

• Corvette76
      Corvette76 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cricketriver , I personally will hold off on dating the paper work. I will try to fill it out as much as I can, any questions I’ll just call HR, or most likely wait until in processing which is why we are scheduled for that. (If that makes sense ). (CO- recruit)

• GR51
      GR51 commented
      Editing a comment
      Back when HR sent out the documentation I asked her and she said that you can just write the date you signed on with no issue but if you want to wait you can too it makes no difference. I personally dated everything.

• Ibarra702
      Ibarra702 commented
      Editing a comment
      im waiting for in processing to date everything.

Guys for the COVID vaccine , how did HR wanted us to prove it? By scanning and emailing?

Comment

• GR51
      GR51 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is correct

what do you do for written psych so there is two psych's a written and oral? different days?

Comment

• GR51
      GR51 commented
      Editing a comment
      Written is all the questions and on repeat over and over again. Oral is the doctor going over whatever was flagged from the written

Good luck!

• Rssj91
      Rssj91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have my written psych on 8/2 at 7:30am and BI interview at 1pm. Nervous for the psych since I've never done it before. Good luck!

• GR51
      GR51 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rssj, when it comes to your written no reason to be nervous. Just answer logically and whatever you do, don’t become impatient. It will be a long few hours, so don’t start answering blindly. Ensure you read and understand what you’re reading prior to answering. Once you hit your oral, just be honest and real. The doctor is a quirky dude (really quirky) but hell see right through your BS.

Bi interview, don’t bull**** your investigator. That will DQ you real easy and fast. Good luck!

• Ibarra702
      Ibarra702 commented
      Editing a comment
      GR hit it on the spot TAKE YOUR TIME, I was also one of the last ones to finish I didn't want to rush on the exam either. Some of the questions are very repetitive, and you tend to get flustered due to the length of the test. GOOD LUCK!

Rssj91 that’s how I had my psych and then my BI interview right after. I remember I was once of the last ones to finish lol. But what GR51 said is right , take your time and answer the questions how it suits you. Do not try to make yourself seem different ( if that makes sense.)

On your oral psych just be honest as how GR51 . The doctor will go and ask you questions fast and then move on to the other questions. Be honest and truthful and answer what the doctor asks.

Comment

Hey y’all won’t be coming to the mock test today, I got pretty sick from that second dose. Messed me up real good lol

Comment

• Ibarra702
        Ibarra702 commented
        Editing a comment
        2nd dosage sucks man feel better was looking forward in meeting you. I'll see ya day 0!

• GR51
        GR51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate you Ibarra, see you then!

• Cricketriver
        Cricketriver commented
        Editing a comment
        Mannn, I got the J&J Vaccine the other day and I’m pretty sure I got every side effect besides death, though I thought I was close to it lol. Feel better dude!

• GR51
        GR51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao cricket I feel that. Thanks man you too!

July PO/CO Recruits - Roll Call! How’s everyone doing? Feel prepared? How’s your run time coming? You buy everything you need? We’re less than 3 weeks out from Day 1. If anyone needs anything or any assistance with something feel free to DM me.

Comment

• Riser1x
        Riser1x commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok for sure, I've been through a "day 1" before and usually the uniform is handed to us, rather do that then a freaking suit. I know the CO's have to go in like business wear for LV, why I ask. Didn't want to have accidently not read something even though I have read it like 100 times lol.

• Riser1x
        Riser1x commented
        Editing a comment
        I also just got an email about our drug tests and how its going to be scheduled. Keep an eye for it!

• GR51
        GR51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yepp, got that one too! Appreciate ya

And I know our PT attire we pick up prior to the academy as long as you already went and got them ordered. She said it would be about a week before the academy. The “janitors uniform” which is the grey uniform we got fitted for will be delivered straight to the academy. Again all this I know for PO so yeah lol

• GR51
        GR51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Another additive for yall, if y’all went to the place for our PT uniform she probably gave you a business card for the lady who does our patches for our bags, I recommend getting that out of the way too. She knows how the layout and style should be, takes a couple days so better to be safe especially this close to the academy. I did it the day we got our P#s so it might take longer now!

Hello, I’ve been following this forum for a couple of months now, and I am glad I stumbled upon this website. Officer.com finally let me make an account two days ago after a couple of tries in the past few weeks (something was wrong with the servers, I suppose).

I applied back in January (rank 130; I really messed up on the memorization of the photograph on the exam, but at least I can be really proud of my English skills), and I finished everything with the psychological evaluation as my last appointment back in May 12, 2021. Supposedly, according to the recruiter that I see in the physical training sessions, I might be able to go to the PO academy on September. Which is nice to hear.

Everybody says “No news is good news” but hopefully I hear something in July if I passed the background. I’m 95% sure I will pass it, it’s just annoying having to anxiously wait (I say 95% because the doctor was awkward during the evaluation).

I know the academy is filled with running and calisthenics, and I was wondering if anybody can share their workout programs?

Test Scores (February):
      1.5 Mile Run: 13:56 (As of latest PT session with the recruiters, it is now 15:15, so I got really slow)
      Pushups: 24
      Situps: 30
      300 m: 56 seconds

I used to go to the PT sessions all the time from January-February of this year, but I got into MMA, but had to stop working out all together from March - Late April due to work and bartending classes. Got into MMA again, but recently got hurt and took June off (Did manage to go to the recent PT sessions on that community track a couple of days ago)

Im trying my best to get into calisthenics after years of just trying to power lift. But I figured y’all can help me.

I apologize for the long message, I’ve been itching to post and talk to all of you for awhile now, and I’m trying to get as much help with training especially since y’all start your careers soon.

I’m happy for all of you being able to finally do the academy this July.

Thanks in advanced. I appreciate the help and I am grateful for the information that has already been provided in the forum.
      Last edited by OreosAreVegan; 07-04-2021, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• GR51
        GR51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there Oreo,

First of all welcome! Glas everything was able to work out for you finally.

130 is a great ranking so don't even worry. As such, that number will drop immensely with all of the disqualifications.

As much as it sucks to hear, it's true. No news is good news. The best way to "time it" would be to take your Background Investigator Interview date and add 2.5 months. That's usually when you can expect to hear something back regarding passing or DQ.

Now as for your Test Scores. Until the middle of the academy and the end of the academy, they don't grade your Physical tests. They simply want you to pass the minimum which it seems you do. What I would recommend are once-a-week interval training (sprint/jog/walk), a mile and a half practices, and lastly, distance runs. Make sure you can eventually (EVENTUALLY key word start small and move up to avoid injury) run 6 miles at a 10'00" mile pace as that is what you can expect in the academy. Personally stay away from MMA for now, I've been doing BJJ, Judo, and Muay Thai for years, but this close to the academy and the injury risk that comes with it, it's not worth it. You can start again during FTEP. Calisthenics is great, but I still recommend grinding some gym time with a focus on resistance (lighter weight more reps) with some strength days as well (heavier weight fewer reps) all with proper nutrition.

If you don't mind spending money, I follow these dudes on Instagram that have great programs called @effective.fitnesstraining check them out, buy one of the specialized programs they have like academy prep or 1.5 improvements, or pay their monthly for their EFT program. All in all, you have more than enough time till September to get your **** straight and make sure that you'll be in shape enough where you'll be helping all those on your squad.

Good luck to you, and wish you nothing but the best. Once July 19th rolls around, I probably won't be able to help out how I can due to the academy, but until then feel free to ask anything.

Also I DM'd you about a couple of things. Take care.

• OreosAreVegan
        OreosAreVegan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, GR, I appreciate the advice. Everything will be noted, and I will look up the programs you were talking about. I don’t mind spending the money, especially if it actually works, and that you can recommend it.

Fair enough, I’ll go ahead and stay away from MMA to avoid further injuries. Wouldn’t want to have to deal with a bruised rib again at the beginning of the academy.

6 miles with a 10 minute pace sounds intimidating, but I’m sure I’ll be able to get there as long as I start being consistent.

Thank you again for your time and help. I’m glad I was able to get your advice before you start. Hopefully, you can have the time to post about what happens during the academy.

I’m excited for you, and can’t wait for you to graduate next year. Be safe.

CO Recruits - how was your day 0? Wishing y’all the best of luck

Comment

• Corvette76
        Corvette76 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey GR , it went okay, passed . We were lined up in alphabetical order from that email HR sent, with our P#. Lol some got smoked on because they had facial hair, so yeah lol.

• GR51
        GR51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell yeah corvette! Glad you passed man, now just get through the academy and you’re golden! (And making the big bucks in corrections )

Hello guys,

Congrats to all that are currently in the academy and the few who have received their date for the next. I am currently in the process and I have my written psych etc. in the beginning of august (next month). I have went through all the conversations about the appointments, but I was wondering if any of you have any other feedback or tips on what the written psych, background consists of you. I will appreciate anything that helps.
      Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Chrono
        Chrono commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Evangelista1994, congrats on making it through the first stages of the process!

For the written test the main tip is to take your time and don't rush. It took me 3 and a half hours to complete and it might take you longer or less; its not timed so take as long as you need. There are over a 1,000 questions spread over 3 sections of tests. You will see a lot of the same questions asked in slightly different ways. This is too see if you are being genuine in your answers and being consistent. You can take a restroom break at any time, so I highly suggest getting up and walking over there so your mind can refresh for a quick second before diving back in.

After you complete your test you’ll be scheduled to meet with the psychiatrist. He/she will review it and ask you basic life questions and to also elaborate on questions you answered on the test that need more clarification. This interview will probably last around 15-20 minutes.

The background interview will consist of you turning in your documents, going through the PHQ and polygraph booklet and clarifying information that your BGI might have questions about. After that you will be sent to building C to complete your fingerprints. This meeting should be pretty straight forward.

I hope this helps and you’ll definitely do great!

Thank you very much Chrono for the insight on how it works. I really appreciate the tips Thank you.

Comment

Anyone who submitted there background in may or earlier hear anything back yet? It's been 3 months with no reply for me, curious to see how everyone else is doing

Comment

• Chrono
          Chrono commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey GiantsFan808. I completed my PHQ in May and BGI interview/poly/psych in June. My BGI called me this week saying my file is just waiting for approval from the lieutenant. Hoping I get a call/email soon that I passed backgrounds.

• Chrono
          Chrono commented
          Editing a comment
          **Got the call from HR today saying I passed backgrounds. They say I'm in the September Academy but I put in a request to defer to the next one since I'm from out of state.

• GiantsFan808
          GiantsFan808 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hell yeah congrats Chrono, I just moved to Vegas a few months ago myself and can tell you its not too pricey just picking the right location is key! I emailed my BI today 5 weeks after I last emailed him, don't know why I haven't heard anything yet kind of got me questioning.

• Chrono
          Chrono commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you GiantsFan! Reading through this thread I was under the impression that it would take at least 2 months to find out whether I passed backgrounds. So I was shocked when HR called saying I passed AND wanted me to be in the September academy.

My buddy is in the April Recruitment too and is actually ranked higher than me but hasn't gotten a call yet. I think it all just depends on the BGI and how much information there is to verify. I'm sure you'll get the call soon!

Good afternoon, I’ve recently found out that I passed my background as well and I am accepted into the September academy. However, I’m from out of state and trying to put everything together as for housing. This overall process is pretty interesting and the market is sky high right now. Do you all have any advice and or recommendations that could potentially help?

Comment

• Evangelista1994
          Evangelista1994 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Grace42, Congrats on locking in an academy date. You might be lucky enough to find someone on here to rent a room with until you find a better location for yourself. What month did you take your written exam out of curiosity? I am from out of state as well and I have My Bi/psych/poly starting this Monday. I wish you the best in finding a place.

• TedMosby
          TedMosby commented
          Editing a comment
          I live in WA and im from Vegas. Coming from WA, Vegas pricing is amazing lol

Thank you Evangelista1994. I’ve taken my written in February 2021. You will do well and best wishes to you with your process.

Comment

• Chrono
          Chrono commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Grace42, congrats on getting into the September Academy! How long after your BGI interview were you notified that you passed backgrounds?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3635 users online. 219 members and 3416 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X