300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone!

New here! I passed my written and physical on May 18/19. I got Rank 34 on May 25th. I had my BI assigned to me on June 2nd. I was working on my PHQ but was locked out of it on the 7th day. I'm not sure why. I emailed my BI.

Any idea what my academy date might be if everything goes smoothly?

Congrats to everyone who has an academy date btw.

Comment

• Corvette76
      Corvette76 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Rssj91 , it locked you out because you have to be constantly saving your process. The link expires within 10 minutes (I know it’s weird) I remember having to email my BI several times lol. Your BI will send you a new fresh link. Make sure you’re answering everything correctly/ consistent & save your PHQ all the time. There is an academy July & then October I believe.

• GR51
      GR51 commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome and good luck first of all!

Just like Corvette stated it happens, but as long as you emailed him you’ll be fine. But, when it comes to the Academy you are really early on my man. Like super super early, once you get your background investigator meeting then you can kind of timing out as 2 1/2 months till the end of backgrounds, and only from there are you eligible for an academy. I’ll say that the process has significantly gotten faster since last year, people were waiting over a year for an Academy. From receiving my ranking until my Academy, it’s been over eight months, so I would say that you’re looking at Academy in 2022. I know that back in the day when they were very fast it still took 6 months. So yeah. You have a long time ahead of you, just make sure to utilize it correctly. Learn your 400s. Your definitions. Your dispositions. Make sure to run. A lot. And most of all, stay out of trouble. Best of luck to you

Called recruiting they are still building the final list for both CO/PO July. She mentioned they are slow due to the fact that the same people building the co/po list are also building the dispatch one at the same time. After July the next academy is September, followed by November. Anyone waiting from out of state is going to have to move and be at medical in a very short time frame she mentioned.

Comment

Have email my BI twice within the past month, just updating him with any new information and asking if there was any time frame. I haven't received a response from either one and wondering if they have already DQ me lol

Comment

• Riser1x
        Riser1x commented
        Editing a comment
        No news is good news bro.

• GR51
        GR51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly what riser said. Though I was hitting up recruitment and whatnot, the last person I ever wanted to annoy was my BGI. Leave him be and let him do his thing. I emailed him once a month for an update and never asked him for a time frame. I just waited and waited.

• GiantsFan808
        GiantsFan808 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the same boat Cal, submitted my background 5/12 haven’t heard anything back yet. Checked in with BGI once with no reply lol. I’m thinking another month till they reach out with some news

• Riser1x
        Riser1x commented
        Editing a comment
        Took me 2 months to hear anything. You guys are good!

Completed medical they said they will email me, also I got fitted for uniform. How is everyone doing ? GR? Ibarra?

Comment

• GR51
        GR51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ibarra the cup you pee in at medical is not the drug test just so you know. The drug test is going to be about a week or so before academy

• SendME
        SendME commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome guys ! And ibarra when I went I for medical no one was around. The nurses didn’t have me scheduled so there was some confusion but I got it done

• SendME
        SendME commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you guys buying stuff already? From academy packet?

• GR51
        GR51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep got everything

I still need to get stuff gonna do that this week

Comment

Gr she told me it was the drug test ? But don't mind doing another one

Comment

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm ok interesting whatever lol

Did any one else get the email about day zero prep
        Last edited by SendME; 06-14-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I’ll be there just to meet everyone and whatnot

• Ibarra702
          Ibarra702 commented
          Editing a comment
          You guys going to the one tomorrow or just the mock one on the 26th ?

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m just going to the mock one on the 26th

• Cricketriver
          Cricketriver commented
          Editing a comment
          I still won’t be in Vegas at that time unfortunately, not til the weekend before day 0

I'm In guys! July Academy!

Comment

• SendME
          SendME commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that’s awesome!

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats bud! See you there!

• Cricketriver
          Cricketriver commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man!

Congrats riser !

Comment

• Riser1x
          Riser1x commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!!!!!

Let's freaking get it !

Comment

To all my PO Recruits in the July academy, and for those beyond as well. My buddy was telling me that the Day 0/POST run location is a lot harder than the other locations (due to how big of a hill it is) so today I decided to give it a shot. If you guys arent quite “there” with running yet, and you don’t practice hills I recommend you start otherwise Day 0 is not going to be bright for you. Luckily we still have a month till then which is more than enough time to get where you need to be. I was able to do it in 12’30” mins and it was not easy to do it in that time frame.

Just looking out for y’all, it would be such a shame to have gotten SO far just to fail Day 0. I also ran past the current academy there and although they were at a 10’00” mile pace which isn’t wow, they were still doing that hill and they were not thriving. Lol

Make sure you’re running, make sure you’re prepping, make sure you’re ready for one of the harder experience of your life. Good luck and looking forward to meeting y’all!
          Last edited by GR51; 06-16-2021, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Kimo
            Kimo commented
            Editing a comment
            Come on man, half of it is downhill lol...

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahahaha the first half lmao you’re already gassed when you hit that uphill lol. Kept a 7’30” pace going down and dropped to about an 8’40” pace going up lol

• Ibarra702
            Ibarra702 commented
            Editing a comment
            GR do you have the exact route ? I wanna give it a go im sure I'm fine but doesn't hurt to run it.

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ibarra it starts on Hualapai and the corner of Isaac Newton, and just run down the hill northbound .75 of a mile then run back up

So the beginning of the run is downhill then uphill?

Comment

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct, head northbound then back southbound.

You guys order academy stuff from Amazon ?and 5.11?

Comment

• Cricketriver
            Cricketriver commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I got EVERYTHING from Amazon

You guys order academy stuff from Amazon ?and 5.11?

Comment

• Riser1x
            Riser1x commented
            Editing a comment
            I got everything from Amazon.

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Everywhere and anywhere. Some stuff I already had, some stuff Amazon. Calvada, American Shooters, freedom, etc. Whatever suits your needs.

• Ibarra702
            Ibarra702 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same I been mostly Amazon/calvada some stuff I already had as well.

Completed my medical yesterday, for CO academy July 19.

anyone else in the CO academy for next month?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2683 users online. 131 members and 2552 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X