• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bro it’s expensive lol

Comment

• Cricketriver
      Cricketriver commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I see man! I’m definitely going to be renting a place when I get out there…(fingers crossed) I think it would be better to wait until those bigger pay checks kick in to even think about buying right now in this market

• Vegasnative
      Vegasnative commented
      Editing a comment
      Northwest part of town usually has the cheaper prices in nice areas. Also, a lot of the time, it’s cheaper to rent a house than an apartment. If you’re looking to buy, I’d wait until the eviction moratorium ends. It’s driving the market super high.

My wife and I lived in the Green Valley area of Henderson and liked it. If you have kids, that's a good area to target because relative to the rest of Vegas, the public schools are good.

Her parents lived in the Anthem area of Henderson. Nice but overpriced.

Southwest was "up & coming" at the time we were there (2010-2017) and lots of my friends moved there. Summerlin would be the other area to look.

I would avoid anything on or East of I-515. I would avoid anything on or North of highway 95.

Comment

I recommend living near the academy for the extra sleep. You'll be waking up early and you'll also be staying up late doing homework. There are apartments next to the academy but can be expensive. I personally lived in Providence area which is on 215/Hualapai. Just like most major cities in the country, the housing/rental market is insane at this time.

I believe someone already posted the hourly wage. You start getting paid day 1. There is no state tax and you will not be paying into social security. So the only deduction should be federal.

If you don't already know, you have buy your own firearm, holster, boots and vest. I'd wait until the tac staff instruct you to buy them(you'll need boots day 1). You'll get a department ID on day 1, with that ID you can purchase a firearm under a blue label program saving you some money. Uniforms and the rest of the duty belt is provided on day 0.

Everything that will be required(paper, bags, pens etc) for the academy will be sent to you by HR.
      knowledge equals confidence

Comment

Hey all, for anybody preparing for the academy, I came across this study guide. Has all the codes, dispositions, phonetic alphabet, and definitions that we’ll have to know. Good luck everyone!

https://www.lvmpd.com/en-us/ProtectT...ide%202018.pdf

Comment

Anyone else tested in January of this year? 2021??

Comment

• Vegasnative
            Vegasnative commented
            Editing a comment
            Like took the written and physical in January or started backgrounds in January?

• Corvette76
            Corvette76 commented
            Editing a comment
            Written test on January... I tested in Jan, did all other steps in March ... quiet since then... (I’m out of state) waiting anxiously lol

• Vegasnative
            Vegasnative commented
            Editing a comment
            Hang in there. I finished all of the steps at the beginning of February. Didn’t get notified that the BGI was done until 4/15. No news is good news! Good luck.

• Vegasnative
            Vegasnative commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, keep an eye on your junk email. One of my emails from metro came into that one, and I didn’t see it for a couple weeks.

To all my November guys n gals, keep training, keep practicing your 400s, dispositions, and definitions, and most of all keep preparing yourselves mentally for a rigorous adventure ahead. Though it feels like it’s taking forever (at least on my end I can say haha) our time is near. We should be receiving calls/emails within the next 2 weeks and from there we’ll have better ideas as to what to look for in the upcoming weeks until July 19th. Keep strong, keep doing what you’re all doing, and I’ll see y’all at Medical/In Processing/Day 0/Day1!

Comment

• Vegasnative
            Vegasnative commented
            Editing a comment
            Cricketriver keep at it! You’ll hit your stride suddenly and it’ll get way easier.

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Vegasnative- don’t know about CO. Feel free to contact recruitment, they’ll give you the info they have.

• Corvette76
            Corvette76 commented
            Editing a comment
            Vegasnative, yes the academy is also in July19th for CO then Sep, and Nov. I’m in the CO process.
            Last edited by Corvette76; 05-19-2021, 10:40 PM. Reason: Wrong date

• Vegasnative
            Vegasnative commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info, guys! I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for this call. Y’all know the feeling.

Passed backgrounds for CO! Now waiting for medical/ day zero etc!

Comment

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats Corvette, hopefully, I'll see you at booking one day. Get ready for a wait that will drive you mad, even though we got the email, every day feels like a year thanks to the anticipation.

Wishing you the best of luck, work on your running/pushups/abs/etc, 400 codes, dispositions, and definitions!

• Ibarra702
            Ibarra702 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats awesome corvette congrats! The wait does suck but I bet its the best feeling getting the email!

Got my good news today! In the 7/19 CO academy. Hope to see all of you there!

Comment

• Vegasnative
            Vegasnative commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied for both, knowing I’d enjoy either. I’ve responded to all three jails in our area, knew I’d like working with those officers.

There’s a lot of paperwork and stuff to fill out. Good luck, everyone!

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh so they already sent all the paperwork to you and told you about academy and what not? Just for CO or for PO too?

• Vegasnative
            Vegasnative commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya they sent a medical packet to fill out, the new hire paperwork, and the academy packet that has to be brought to day 1.

• Corvette76
            Corvette76 commented
            Editing a comment
            Vegasnative, did you get the call for July 19 academy? I called HR and said calls have not gone out yet???

Vegasnative congrats bro!!! I wonder if the July class is full!!?

Comment

• Vegasnative
            Vegasnative commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! I’m not sure if it is. But I know I was ranked #17 for corrections.

• Corvette76
            Corvette76 commented
            Editing a comment
            Vegasnative nice bro!! I’m mid 50’s from (Jan) testing pool!

Cood luck everyone , pass background in April and waiting to here from HR

Comment

• Corvette76
            Corvette76 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats bro! CO or PO? When did you test? I tested back in January (written) . Wondering if that July class is full! If not September would be fine!!

• SendME
            SendME commented
            Editing a comment
            Corvette I tested in August and then pt in nov, passed background in April and just waiting on a call from HR for medical which I’m nervous for. Also For PO side. Looking forward to hearing from them hopefully we all get to start the academy soon.

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Send, I PM'd you. Had a question about your dates.

To all my PO folk; from a couple friends I spoke with, the people that compiled Vegas’s list for CO is different than our people for PO plus CO usually works a lot faster than PO since they’re a lot hungrier for people. Their location from academy is different than ours. Everything’s different. So don’t fret as we still have more time to hear from HR. I’m gonna call Recruitment Monday just to verify and put (at least my mind) minds at ease.

Congrats Vegas, welcome SendMe, and let’s get this show on the road!

Comment

• SendME
            SendME commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate this, keeping my phone on full volume. Also I have been practicing 400 codes, definition, and keeping up with my PT. Any more advice ?

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sned, just keep doing what you're doing bud, and stay positive and out of trouble. Even a speeding ticket could blow all this up.. Prepare yourself mentally for a rigorous period upcoming, but most of all keep being excited for working for the best dept. in the United States hands down.

Congrats send what did you rank?

Comment

• SendME
            SendME commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m not sure on rank, when I first received my rank I was 200+ but that was back in November.

• GR51
            GR51 commented
            Editing a comment
            Send, then that would be your rank. Nobody received their updated ranks since all the DQs happened. HR has it on file when they compile all the lists, and you will receive a new number once you are placed on an academy list. That new number will tell you your number in the academy, and furthermore, another number will be given that is known as your employee number, or otherwise P#.

Covid had all the date differently I just sent you a PM On my dates for every phase. Background,poly, etc

Comment

Congrats everyone on getting your background approved.

I applied for the Feb 21 testing date. Just finished my Poly on May 11th which the lady advised I passed. Now im waiting to hear if I passed my BG. I would assume I won't hear anything till sometime in June based on reading the post on the topic is that correct?

Comment

• Corvette76
              Corvette76 commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s correct, you’ll hear roughly around the last week on June. I did my written exam January 18 followed with PT. Finished all steps on March 23, got cleared last week. (Out of state)

To all my PO, more so the November testers, I contacted Recruitment today and they have yet to compile a list for the Academy, for police officer. So keep your phones next to you and keep them loud. It’s anticipated to go out sometime this week or next week

Comment

• Ibarra702
              Ibarra702 commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome thanks for calling them GR hoping this week get our calls!

• GR51
              GR51 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ibarra fingers crossed

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3883 users online. 251 members and 3632 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X