Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Teriyakisauce; 04-11-2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Hey Corvette! Not sure it doesn't let me respond directly to your reply, so I am making a new comment.

honestly don't know when my board review is. When I did the BG interview he mentioned steps but never mentioned a specific date, only that he would turn my file in for review and from there to HR. In regards to academy, I really don't care when I go, since I am still on Navy Active Duty orders (Navy Reservist), I just need to know when so I can get my orders either cut early or ride it out until my orders are up in July.

My BGI, like GRs BGI, doesn't communicate very well. I didn't even know he submitted my file, which got me all worried and confused. I'm still awaiting board results.

-DeL

Comment

• Corvette76
        Corvette76 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I see man.. makes sense. I tested in January of this year and completed other steps march. I think board review for that testing pool is may. I can’t wait, I’m from CA as well.

• Teriyakisauce
        Teriyakisauce commented
        Editing a comment
        According to their job bulletin, it takes 90-120 days for BG to finish, which for my pool, a lot of us started our BG beginning of February which puts completion of BG beginning of May to June. However, it seems my BG has either been completed and turned in early or there were red flags that the board needed to see before making any determination to move forward, (like the polygraph spike). I have no clue since my BGI doesn't communicate with me. Hopefully I hear back real soon, this not knowing thing is a killer!

Sounds like you're moving along smoothly which is awesome and I'm sure you'll get good news!

-DeL

Teriyakisauce what was your rank if you don’t mind me asking? I only tested for CO.

Comment

• Corvette76
        Corvette76 commented
        Editing a comment
        How was your oral psych? Mine was super fast lol I was out in less than 10 mins!

• Teriyakisauce
        Teriyakisauce commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet! Good job on ranking 52!

Oral Psych was very straight forward and direct. But, felt like another BG interview since I said yes to a few things like finances, being deployed to the middle east, on the job contacts with suspects/persons of interests, etc. So mine lasted around 15-20 min.

• Corvette76
        Corvette76 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, keep us posted with your stuff man!

• Teriyakisauce
        Teriyakisauce commented
        Editing a comment
        Most definitely!

-DeL

Anyone else in the process or shed any light with LVMPD?

-DeL

Comment

Hey all received my email today about passing backgrounds and in there it says that I need to only await an academy date and stay in contact with my BI. So I’m thinking this possibly includes the review.

Comment

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Riser - if that’s true then hell yeah. I just know based off me, my buddy who’s in the April academy, and my other buddy in the November academy that it’s usually 2.5 months min. And your ranking is for your hire group. So for example my hire group (November Testers) are next in line for the academy, and depending on your ranking, that’s the number in line you are for the academy. So for example let’s say 80 people from my group got into the academy and it’s a 100 person academy to keep it simple, then you being ranked 12 in the next hire group would be in the April academy because there’s room for yall, but 21 and on would not and would have to wait for the September academy. Furthermore, once you’re in your P# would be lower the lower your ranking is. So 10 in your group will gave a lower P# than you but 14 would have a higher one. Hope that helps and makes sense.

Corvette - I don’t really know how the corrections works bud. I know that they’re process is usually significantly faster than PO because of how hungry they are for people. I also don’t know when their academies are since they are 2 separate academies per my understanding. I may be wrong about that last part but I think I heard they don’t do it together.

• Corvette76
          Corvette76 commented
          Editing a comment
          GR51 , thanks yeah there’s a CO academy July, September and November I believe . I tested back in January. I hope I lock in the July academy , I’m also out of state.

• Ibarra702
          Ibarra702 commented
          Editing a comment
          GR- I ranked I think 110 or something like that.. my BI said July was my expected academy so I'm sure I dropped lower after review board

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ibarra ok nice man, looking forward to seeing you at day 0!

Got the dreaded DQ for Psych, indefinite.

good luck to everyone and good job GR51.

-DeL

Comment

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s sucks bro but it doesn’t end with metro. NLVPD and HPD are great departments.

• Teriyakisauce
          Teriyakisauce commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea it stings a bit. I am still in the process with DPS, so we shall see where that goes!

Good luck to you bro! Stay focused and stay in the fight!

-DeL

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man, same to you! DPS is as well an amazing opportunity! Good luck

Anyone else in backgrounds?

Comment

• Ibarra702
          Ibarra702 commented
          Editing a comment
          Whats up corvette I just finished backgrounds the same day as GR51 and suspected academy is July good luck !

• Corvette76
          Corvette76 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ibarra702 how long was your background process? I’m aiming for JULY as well. Out of state thoug.

• Ibarra702
          Ibarra702 commented
          Editing a comment
          Corvette76 I applied In October
          Bi interview was Jan 25th I had them push it out due to some training I was going through.
          Feb 1 had my psych
          Feb 4 follow up with psych Dr
          Feb 8 poly
          April 12 notification I passed backgrounds.

Does our "rank" actually matter at all? Just curious as to what it is used for or at what point it comes into play.

Comment

• Voirdire
          Voirdire commented
          Editing a comment
          It does. Your rank on the list determines (for the most part) how quickly you get hired. The better the rank, the quicker you get hired. It’s like being on a waiting list. If you’re on the top of the list, you get seated first. It also determines your seniority. It may not matter necessarily in the academy but it may come into play for vacation and whatnot.

Hi all!

I’m new to the group. I recently got an email saying that I passed backgrounds. So I’m pretty sure I’m just waiting on an academy date now. Has anyone else gotten this email and already got an academy date yet? Just want to see how long I have to finish preparing.

Comment

• Riser1x
          Riser1x commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you test?

• Corvette76
          Corvette76 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey bro, how long did your background investigation take? I tested in January (written) did PHQ and forms in feb. March met with my BI in March. I’m an out state applicant btw.

• Vegasnative
          Vegasnative commented
          Editing a comment
          Riser1x I applied in September, and started testing in November. Backgrounds in early January. Psych in the beginning of February. Notified on 4/15 that I’d passed.

Corvette76 it took about 3 months in all. Good luck!

It’s not letting me reply, so I’m posting a new comment.

I applied in September for PO and CO. PT in November, BI in January, Psych in early February. I got the notice that I passed on 4/15.

Corvette, good luck! All in all, about 3 months from the first time I met my BI.

Comment

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey vegasnative yes that means that now you simply wait for a call and email from HR regarding medical date and Day 0. Congratulations. I spoke yesterday with recruitment and they just finished up letting know the August folk (the hiring group before ours November) and within the next couple of weeks we should be receiving ours as well. The calls will be going in order of the ranking you received after your written and pt. So if you’re a lower number it’s almost definite that you would receive the call for the July 19th (tentative per recruitment) academy. If you’re a higher number, there is the chance that the academy would fill up and you would be amongst the first for the September academy. Hope to see you soon next to me Day 0 for this academy all the way through to graduation. Congratulations bud

GR51 THANK YOU! I’m ranked 14th for PO and 17th for CO. I really appreciate the information.

Comment

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah man definitely. Great rankings, and probably even lower now after the DQs so kudos.

Ibarra maybe, maybe not. Who knows how many got dqd so you might be golden!

• Vegasnative
          Vegasnative commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope to see you guys there soon!

• Ibarra702
          Ibarra702 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah your right GR have you been conditioning? I been running 5x a week 2-3miles a day gotta get ready for these smoke sessions lol

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ibarra oh most definitely. Cardio 4-5 times a week. Resistance training. Body weight training. And I know my 400 codes and dispositions

How much running and physical conditioning is in the PO academy?

Comment

• TedMosby
          TedMosby commented
          Editing a comment
          @vegasnative,

Thank you. Safe to say from the time you submit your application to the time of Day ZERO, its more or less a year? Just wanna know how much time I have to prepare physically cardio wise.

I'm recovering from shoulder and knee surgeries so running right now is a no go.

How many miles do recruits run a day in the PO Academy?

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ted - from what metro friends told me you (obviously) have the 1.5 mile run in the beginning, before academy, and 2 more times in the academy that must be under 16:57. In the academy you start off with 2-3 mile runs at about a 10 minute per mile pace and by the time you’re done with the academy you’re doing 5 mile runs at a 10 minute per mile pace. Depending on your tac officer (some of them are big runners) you’ll also be doing some 2-3 mile runs at an 8ish minute per mile pace here and there towards the end. Runs are most days in the academy.
          As for the length of time it depends on the amount of hiring and the amount of testing. A year and 2 years ago it was anywhere from 12 months to 18 months to get on board. Prior to that it was about 6 months. My process starting from testing (not application) till tentative Day 0 is about 8 months. You know your body so there ya go. Make sure you leave some time to practice for the 1.5 mile as well.

• TedMosby
          TedMosby commented
          Editing a comment
          GR51 -

Thank man! Great info and advice. Now I know what to expect and set my goals to!

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          My pleasure Ted, good luck to ya!

Anyone hear anything yet?? Crickets...

Comment

• Ibarra702
          Ibarra702 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing yet on my end still waiting wbu?

Ibarra702 , waiting to be cleared for backgrounds... wonder if they have the July class set.

Comment

• Ibarra702
          Ibarra702 commented
          Editing a comment
          Corvette76 I'm sure your clearance letter should be coming soon I have a buddy waiting for the same thing and he did CO.
          Maybe GR can shed some more light on the July im sure he got a better rank then me im okay waiting for the next academy gives me time to save up lol

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey y’all, so I spoke with Recruitment and HR to see if there’s and information. They’re now compiling the July list as we speak. It should be completed roughly 2 weeks from now, and by the end of the month all will be called regarding all final dates for medical, in processing and day 0. Those that haven’t finished backgrounds yet will likely go to the September academy (there is one in November as well). Per my Understanding via HR, most of last hiring group (if not all) were picked up in the April academy. This academy will have a couple of injured and roll over folk but our hire group is def destined for it. This is going to be an 80 man academy roughly so with all the DQs (unfortunately, since that always sucks) many should be good to go in the academy.

She as well told me from HR to expect in processing a week before Day 1, Medical a week before that, and Day 0 a week before that. They changed up the order due to so many failing day 0 which just wastes money for Medical.

Anywho that’s all for now. Continue to keep your head up Corvette, it’s a long gruesome process but no news is good news. Ibarra sale to you, keep patient (I know that’s difficult, I’m dying too) but we’ll be there!
          And lastly make sure, no matter when your academy is, know your 400s and dispositions. I know them, didn’t take too long to learn, and I recite them once or twice a day just to make sure it stays in my head. Make sure to be running as well, amongst other endurance and strength/resistance workouts. Good luck y’all!

Does anyone have any idea how much we’re supposed to be bringing home pay wise during the academy? I’m going to be moving From out of state in like a month and a half, and am trying to plan financially. (I’m set for the tentative July class already, I was supposed to be in the April one but personal stuff came up)

Comment

• Corvette76
          Corvette76 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure man, the YouTube video from 2016 says pay is 24.50 /hr. That may have changed, also have you looked for a place to stay? Been trying to look places just to have an idea of where exactly to be ..

• Cricketriver
          Cricketriver commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve just been looking online (I’ve been told that southwest Vegas is the area to go), I’ll be heading out there in a few weeks to look and apply for places. This whole transition is a stressful one for sure, but it’s for the right reasons lol

• GR51
          GR51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey cricket. If you look on your application it states. So as Police Recruit we will be making $55,696.68 which equates roughly equates to a monthly pay of $4,641, weekly pay of $1,071, and an hourly wage of $26.78.
          Southwest and Henderson are the “better” areas to live in. Northwest is up and coming, but transit is still meh. Northwest would be best if you want to be close to the academy. If you’re trying to have cheap living, then none of the above will work unfortunately. Anywhere East and central would have to be your areas of focus.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3587 users online. 244 members and 3343 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X