300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych history and Nevada LEO positions

Hey. I am about to pay to take the test for university police and want to try for juvenile probation again. I have OCD/ADHD. I take medication, Lexapro and Wellbutrin. I have NO arrests or hospitalizations. NEVER done any illegal drugs (except marijuana). I have a masters in criminal justice and a cybersecurity certification. With my treatment history, education, and clean background, what are the chances?

Why weren’t you hired the first time?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Screwed up on fitness test. Thanks for reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ARG1982 View Post
        Hey. I am about to pay to take the test for university police and want to try for juvenile probation again. I have OCD/ADHD. I take medication, Lexapro and Wellbutrin. I have NO arrests or hospitalizations. NEVER done any illegal drugs (except marijuana). I have a masters in criminal justice and a cybersecurity certification. With my treatment history, education, and clean background, what are the chances?
        There are a couple of issues here. First, you will need to pass the medical and psych exams for the position you are seeking.
        Your personal history, education and certificates have no bearing on these matters. Either you meet the minimum medical and psych qualifications or you don't. One does not outweigh the other,

Now, with respect to the medical. You will be asked to disclose all medications you are taking. In addition, you will be asked to sign a release giving the agency you apply with access to your medical records, which will also disclose all medicines you have been taking. The agency your are applying with has a list of medicines a peace officer cannot be under the influence of while working for them. If one of your meds is on that list you are going to have a problem. None of us here know which meds are on that list so your guess is as good as ours.

With respect to the psych, you will be administered an exam to determine if you are free from any emotional or mental condition that might adversely affect the exercise of the powers of a police officer, and to otherwise ensure that the you are capable of withstanding the psychological demands of the position.
        If whatever is causing your OCD/ADHD falls within that disqualifying category, then you will be out of luck.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Will the fact that I VOLUNTARILY committed myself 8/30-9/3 be on my record and available to them?

Comment

Oh, good Lord. You will wind up telling them, one way or another.

If, you ever get past the written and oral, and score high enough to be considered to fill a vacancy, you will go on to the medical, psych and the background investigation, which will most likely include a poly.

As part of these process you will be required to fill out personal history and medical history questionnaires in which you list all hospitalizations. As part of the poly, you will be asked if you were truthful in filling out these questionnaires, or lied or omitted anything. If you lied or omitted anything, you will spike on the poly and be disqualified for dishonesty. A DQ for actual dishonesty is not something that can be overcome with time (Google Brady Decision) and more than likely you will be seen as a permanent DQ by just about every agency you subsequently apply with.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Permanent DQ for the psych issues?

Comment

• L-1
                L-1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Permanent DQ if you lie. See my post above (#4) regarding the psych issue.

I can’t speak for them disqualifying you for voluntarily committing yourself but like others have said you will have to be truthful. If you make it to the end without telling them and get the job and somehow it comes out months/years from now you lied it can get you fired real quick.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3674 users online. 193 members and 3481 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X