300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVMPD Oral

What can one expect during the LVMPD oral interview? Such as what type of questions, what does the panel consist of, and how long does the interview last. Can anyone share his or her experiences? I apologize if this topic has been covered in a previous thread.
    "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 -1965) British Prime Minister.

The questions will generally be chosen from the list they give on their website. The bulk of the questions for me were situational, nothing complicated, just the usual what would you do if (fill in scenario here) type questions.

The panel will normally consist of two officers and a sergeant. Though, as with anything, your mileage may vary.

Expect it to last 15-20 minutes. It's a breeze if you've done any preparation at all. This was my first and only oral board so I have nothing to compare it to, but I can tell you that it was not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. In fact, it wasn't bad at all. I think most people just psyche themselves out over these things.

Comment

Hmm, maybe I should compose an Oral Board thread. I cannot be specific and tell what questions they ask but I can offer what not to do, heh. One thing I can tell you is that you may want to be prepared to tell them what you have done to prepare for that position.
      Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4746 users online. 261 members and 4485 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X