300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying

I'm back at it again. After being dq'd from metro in 2016 and a four year ban. I'm eligible to reapply in june 2020. I was dq'd for credit and employment. Both have been improved since. I'm starting to get back into shape. Hopefully I can make it this time.

Did you ever think of applying to other departments? I’m sure you could have had a job by now. Then applied to Metro whenever?

Comment

• star1978
      star1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did apply for nhp but failed their written exam. From there I decided to obtain IT certifications and continue my IT career. And had 2 deaths in the family and decided to put LE on hold. Now four years later I'm trying again after my life seems to be more stabilized.

Best of luck. Henderson and NLV are also hiring if it doesn't work out.
    knowledge equals confidence

Comment

Man it's already been four years. I remember seeing your DQ post years back. Good luck this time around and like others said, try everywhere else around here if you get another DQ. It would be interesting to see if they stand by their four year DQ or hit you again.

Comment

• star1978
        star1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've improved the two areas the got me on. So let's see what they get me on this time. No arrests, no dui, no drugs, no domestics, no tickets or accidents in the last 8 years. Plus I'm using a current officer I tested with before as reference. They won't have much to dq me on this time lol

Originally posted by star1978 View Post
      I'm back at it again. After being dq'd from metro in 2016 and a four year ban. I'm eligible to reapply in june 2020. I was dq'd for credit and employment. Both have been improved since. I'm starting to get back into shape. Hopefully I can make it this time.

Good job star1978. Getting DQ'd always stings . You made the corrections now it's time to get in shape and show them you're ready to rock n roll . I'm sure the process is the same from the last time you went through .

"train beyond the pain and the only release is death"

Comment

• star1978
        star1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually it looks like they dropped the oral board interview. So you apply, take written, physical, then background interview, then if pass backwards on standby for 6-8 months.

• BIG RICH
        BIG RICH commented
        Editing a comment
        When I took the PT they talked about how they might bring back the oral board . The whole process from start to joining an academy took me almost exactly a year . You're local so i'm sure it'll be faster .

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8217 users online. 443 members and 7774 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X