300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVMPD info

Just out of curiousity more than anything else, and comparing to the agency I dispatch for:

In a ball park estimate with details and overtime, what is the average gross (inc cleaning and clothing, holiday, and other pays?

Do the Ofc's assigned to the tourist area's actually want to be there? Is it a highly sought after post? Is it enjoyable, or more of a task?

I do have to say that the Ofc's that I saw on the Blvd, they were very friendly and more than willing to pose for photo's with tourists and stuff of that nature.

Lastly, I was just out there with the wife a week ago, and have a question in regards to something I saw, that sparked my interest. However, I wish not to ask in a public forum. Hopefully someone can invite me to PM them with it. Don't worry, its not a bad thing, just something out of the ordinary that sparked my interest and was curious about.

Chipper

Originally posted by chipper8891 View Post
    Just out of curiousity more than anything else, and comparing to the agency I dispatch for:

In a ball park estimate with details and overtime, what is the average gross (inc cleaning and clothing, holiday, and other pays?

Do the Ofc's assigned to the tourist area's actually want to be there? Is it a highly sought after post? Is it enjoyable, or more of a task?

I do have to say that the Ofc's that I saw on the Blvd, they were very friendly and more than willing to pose for photo's with tourists and stuff of that nature.

Lastly, I was just out there with the wife a week ago, and have a question in regards to something I saw, that sparked my interest. However, I wish not to ask in a public forum. Hopefully someone can invite me to PM them with it. Don't worry, its not a bad thing, just something out of the ordinary that sparked my interest and was curious about.

Chipper

The money here is good, but it will take you a few years before you start to make over 100K. I have been on 14 years and make good $$$. The OT is available ( Filming Movies Auto Races, ect..) The uniforms allowance is 1,675 this year, you can also get $$ for having a college degree.

The strip is a fun place to work, usually bikes officers work it to get through the traffic faster. I worked the strip a while back, it is fun, but after about a year or two, I got burnt out. There is lots of in custody's at hotels. ( Meal skips, ect...)

Comment

VM, are you ever gonna say who you are? I'm still rife with curiosity! PM me if you get a chance.

or email: T9193F
      LVMPD:THE BEST

Comment

Eh I figure this is a good thread for it. I got word that we have hit 10,000 already, hehehe. It's a police recruit from what I've been told.
        Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - https://forum.officer.com/forum/local-discussion-groups/u-s-states/nevada/192520-lvmpd-hiring-process

Comment

They will always have something to talk about!
          Last edited by anttrax; 05-20-2007, 09:53 AM.

Comment

The last name of the 10,000 P number is classic... It belongs to Mr. "Best"

Comment

Really? Haha, right on. I checked the roster today and it hasn't been updated. It stops at 9970 I think.
              Last edited by Voirdire; 05-20-2007, 07:30 PM.
              Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - https://forum.officer.com/forum/local-discussion-groups/u-s-states/nevada/192520-lvmpd-hiring-process

Comment

I assume LVMPD does NOT have a take-home vehicle program?
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                that we are all that stands between
                the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Specialized units do, not patrol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5102 users online. 291 members and 4811 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X