Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLVPD June test

Anybody else testing for NLVPD in June?

I tested in May, but I'll give ya my two cents anyway. On the PT test we lost a crap ton of people due to the bend-twist-touch exercise. Im a physically fit guy Army scout, Blackwater contractor, that exercise is is the worst thing I have done in a while. I damn near failed haha practice that silly motion people from out of state failed it and almost cried, I cant blame them.

Comment

Blackwaterops speaks the truth. That silly exercise was eliminating people left and right! I almost fell victim to it, but squeaked in with a second to spare - way too close for comfort. Definitely practice! What a way to go out... I would have been seriously ****ed, especially since I made the trip from out-of-town.

Comment

You guys are talking about Metro (LVMPD), right? I passed the lovely bend, twist and touch on their test but nearly fell over because I was so dizzy!!

I don't believe North Las Vegas PD does that test.

Comment

North Las Vegas does not do that test. The NLVPD Test consits of:

18 Push ups (no time limit)
          15 Sit ups ( no time limit)
          14 inch Vertical jump
          300 meter sprint ( 77 seconds or less)
          1.5 mile run/walk (17:17 or less)

I tested in March. I've been in the background process for about 8 weeks now. Anyone else who tested in march hear anything yet?

__________________________________________________ _______________
          Written: Passed
          PT: Passed
          Oral Board: Passed
          Background check: In process

Comment

Just a quick correction on the PT requirments. It is 15 sit-ups in one minute. I am currently going through the Academy for NLVPDand as far as I know, it hasn't changed. Good luck on your testing!

Comment

Thanks for the info. Is there anyting else you could share? A little insight into the agency and/or academy would be great if you would be so kind.

Thanks again.

Comment

Also looking for anymore info on this department.

Comment

I just got the call about an hour ago that I was accepted into NLVPD and will start the academy June 25th. We I get a minute I'll provide all that I know of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasOukast View Post
                    I just got the call about an hour ago that I was accepted into NLVPD and will start the academy June 25th. We I get a minute I'll provide all that I know of the process.
                    Congrats and good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RM2441 View Post
                      Congrats and good luck!!!
                      Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by JDougal View Post
                        Also looking for anymore info on this department.

Anything specific?

Comment

Originally posted by VegasOutkast View Post
                          Anything specific?

I'm willing to take any info that you are willing to share.

At this point, I've learned a fair amount about the department from their website and the local news (for what the news is worth) but anything in regards to the testing process would be great!!!

The more I can learn about the department, the better the oral board will go!

Thanks for any/all help!!

Comment

I actually have a question about both NLVPD and LVMPD. I currently live in MA, which some of you may know that the process of becoming a police officer is very long and dissatisfying. I plan on taking the Sept. NLVPD exam but would like to know why some of you chose one over the other? Is is that you tested for both and took the first available, or is it that one department offers more than the other? I am very interested and would like to know all the information I can from those who have done it or are going through it currently.

Comment

Just my opinion...

I was invited to test for Henderson , Las Vegas Metro and NLVPD. Two of them where on the same day and the other said it would take about 5 days. I'm from Ohio so I didn't know much about any of them. I had to make a choice and for whatever reason my gut said go for NLVPD and thats what I did. And to this point (2+ months into background) I have been very satisfied with my decision. Not that there is anything wrong with the other departments , but for me NLVPD was the right choice. They gave me the most personal attention and seemed the most interested in me as a candidate and in general did an excellent job in making me feel excited at the oppportunity to become an officer in their department. I have a long way to go and you never know what might happen. Even if I don't make it , I feel NLVPD was the right choice. Just my opinion....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5635 users online. 337 members and 5298 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X