300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about booking return flight for out of town applicants

Hoping someone would know how the oral board is done for out of town applicants for LVMPD. I know the oral boards are done after passing both the written and physical. However I was wondering do out of town applicants have their oral board first so they can already have travel arrangements made or do they need to wait to book their return flight? Thanks guys

I assume you are talking about the July testing...

If so, out-of-state applicants will do their orals on Thursday (12 July) or Friday (13 July). So to be safe, you should just book your ticket for Saturday. The odds that you will not get in on one of those days is very small, I'd say not even worth mentioning.

If it is anything like the May testing, after you pass your PT test you will be scheduled for the first available oral appointment. If you want a Thursday interview, sign up for the earliest PT test sessions after the written. Those first couple of groups will fill up most of Thursday for out-of-towners.

I went to the 1700 PT session and got a 1300 interview on Friday, so I assume the out-of-state guys in the earlier sessions took up all the Thursday spots.

Comment

The out of towners do have their oral board first. It's generally the next day (after the PT test) or the day after. Though for the July test, they are doing the written test and the PT test the same day I believe (due to it being summer time...and it gets friggin hot). If you have a choice, do your PT ASAP.
      Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

I just received my confirmation letter for the July testing. They have confirmed my fear...the P.A.T. is going to be the same day as the written.

As far as the oral boards, they say that out of town applicants need to be available until the close of the business day on Friday, 7/13. They do, however, try to give the out of town applicants preference on the early appointments.

If you are willing to do a late flight, you can probably leave on Friday night.

Comment

Doing the written and PT test on the same day isn't that bad. Quit acting like it's the end of the world =P. You can run with me if we get the same time.
          Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Originally posted by Voirdire View Post
            Doing the written and PT test on the same day isn't that bad. Quit acting like it's the end of the world =P. You can run with me if we get the same time.

If I were acting like it were the end of the world it would look more like this:

(note the vast range of emotions!!)

Comment

hehe. The July testing group won't get into the academy until around January anyway. So it won't be hot.

Comment

January seems to be a fickled month lately. Just this past January I got on a plane in NY and it was 76 degrees. I got off the plane in Vegas and it was 49!!!

WTF was that about!!

The world is coming to end and this weather is just a warning!!

Comment

a men to that
                  Barjon K

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3686 users online. 192 members and 3494 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X