This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disqualified

one of my friends who i met during my second visit to las vegas was disqualified because he had a DUI.
    i m sorry for him he would be a very good police officer plus he was serving in the marines and was ranked 43 in the oral and written test.

That's a choice he made. I have no sympathy for him.
    Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend. How long ago was the incident? Maybe some time between the incident will increase his chances. Dude, you need to chill out a bit at times. Are you telling me you never drove with a buzz but just never got caught? And, dont lie and say you never did cause I dont want to hear it. We have all done wrong and we are no angels. Are you going to be one of those officers who is gung ho and shows no discretion?

Comment

Originally posted by Voirdire View Post
        That's a choice he made. I have no sympathy for him.
        that was cold voirdire. like futurecop1234 sad we did all drink and drive but we just were lucky we did not get caught.
        he was caught two years ago in california and the recruiters told him that it was not a big deal. he passed everything until the background check and he received a letter you know the thin one saying sorry u are disqualified.

Comment

Originally posted by Futurecop1234 View Post
          Sorry to hear about your friend. How long ago was the incident? Maybe some time between the incident will increase his chances. Dude, you need to chill out a bit at times. Are you telling me you never drove with a buzz but just never got caught? And, dont lie and say you never did cause I dont want to hear it. We have all done wrong and we are no angels. Are you going to be one of those officers who is gung ho and shows no discretion?
          We have standards on our agency, he did not meet them to a past arrest, yes DUI is a crime.

Do my family/friends and fellow officers a favor and don't become a police officer if you think DUI is something you will give a pass to, or think it's okay to drive with a "buzz." If you live in Las Vegas you may have seen the past weekend, the family of 5 that were killed by a drunk driver, 4 out of the 5 were children.

Comment

Originally posted by mansouri1945 View Post
            that was cold voirdire. like futurecop1234 sad we did all drink and drive but we just were lucky we did not get caught.
            he was caught two years ago in california and the recruiters told him that it was not a big deal. he passed everything until the background check and he received a letter you know the thin one saying sorry u are disqualified.

Lucky you did not kill yourself or another motorist. Not just "get caught..."

FYI... your academy LT is from OK, you and him will have much in common..Maybe on your first day you should introduce yourself to him...not!
            Last edited by VegasMetro; 05-10-2007, 09:33 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by Futurecop1234 View Post
              Wow, why bother becoming a cop if you think it's okay to allow folks to break the law??? Zero Tolerance helps reduce crime, especially repeat offenders, no matter what the crime...

Comment

My former explorer advisor was almost killed because of an idiot drunk driver. Don't expect me to have any sympathy.

FutureWannaBeCop, I have not done anything stupid like that, otherwise I wouldn't be working for the department now would I? I don't have to post on here and provide useful information that everyone is curious about. I'm not paid to do it nor am I getting anything out of it. I like to help because I've been in the same situation. However, don't expect me to sit here and hold everyone's hand. I will tell you how it is. I don't tolerate stupidity nor do I tolerate BS. Enjoy being DQ'd if you ever test for Metro =).

Just so you know, it's not wise to attack employees. They will find it and it reflects on your character. You think they don't know about this site? Here is some reading for you to do: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66229. Don't concern yourself with what I do.

Just like Pintobean was saying, my brothers will not tolerate that crap. A family was just killed because of someone with your mentality. Both of you, don't be a police officer.
                Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Wow - come down off of your horse already.

Are you telling me, as large as your department is - there isn't 1 officer with a DWI!?

Comment

Hello MNCopper from the Midwest. Are you in Nevada? If not, this thread doesn't concern you =).

Comment

Originally posted by Voirdire View Post
                      Hello MNCopper from the Midwest. Are you in Nevada? If not, this thread doesn't concern you =).
                      hah!

Continue on that horse - you will fall off one day - and it will hurt - ALOT.

Comment

Poor choice

The accident that happend this weekend where the family was killed is right down the street from my house and I use that road and so does my wife. The bail for this 19 year old is In the MILLIONS which basically the judge is saying your not going anywere! And if his friends were real friends they would not have let him leave were ever he was and if he resisted they should have beat is *** and took his keys. Im not saying violence is the only way to make someone comply but under the influence of alchol no one will listen to reason. A black eye or a broken nose sure beats LIFE IN PRISON.
                        Last edited by barjonk; 05-10-2007, 06:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
                        Barjon K

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5640 users online. 362 members and 5278 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X