300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVMPD 2019 Academy

Figured to start a topic since there was one for 2018. Day Zero just started today and the November Class is coming up fast! Good luck to all those who are going to be called up to the November Academy!

November class is coming, and in December/Jan, there should be another academy class. I also know next year Metro plans to have 3 CO academies for those that are interested(Same pay/benefits as a PO) Good luck to everyone.
    knowledge equals confidence

Comment

My BI says I should be in November! Hoping to get the call in October.

Comment

Heard that there were 80 something recruits in the September class! Wonder how many for Nov?

Comment

Looks like there will be 65 seats for the class on 07 NOV ( Day 0 ) Good luck everyone. I hope you get that phone call soon!

Comment

I sure hope so!

Comment

When did you test, Dt1911?

Comment

October 2018

Comment

Anyone know when calls are going out for the November academy?

Comment

• pokercop
                    pokercop commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They are calling this week is what I heard.

update when you guys get the call

Comment

Any get the call yet?

Comment

I got the call.

Comment

• Dt1911
                        Dt1911 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congratulations! I only got an email saying that I was in the November academy list along with some other info. No official notice yet.

• Dt1911
                        Dt1911 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you dont mind me asking, what was your rank?

• Murguiad
                        Murguiad commented
                        Editing a comment
                        When did you apply? I applied in November hopefully i get the call soon

Anyone on here been through the CO academy? I’m already in a LE position but I’d like to change it up. I’ve heard the CO academy is pretty hard too. Is their schedule 4 10s? I would love that. Also heard they have a ton of overtime to go around which I also would love.

Comment

• Dt1911
                        Dt1911 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can always reach out to a recruiter for that info. I did hear that the COs make a killing in overtime.

• Kimo
                        Kimo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The academy is shorter, but it's similar in terms of discipline. The PO side has a lot more tests. In terms of PT, it's similar. The big difference is that the academy for the PO side is in Northwest which has a lot of hills. So for the PO side, you will be running a lot of hills(especially with the Nov class tac staff). Pay is the same, however you will have more opportunities to do OT on the co side since you will work 12s rather than 10 hour shifts(more days off to do OT) The CO side works 12s. PO is 10s depending on the area command.

Just got the call! Day zero Nov 7th!

Comment

• Murguiad
                        Murguiad commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congrats man!!

• Kimo
                        Kimo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congrats! I thought day zero was the 6th since graduation is on the 5th. Good luck. Study your 400 codes, you will need to know them.

• rglvpo
                        rglvpo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congrats! What rank were you if you don't mind me asking?

• Dt1911
                        Dt1911 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I ranked 118 or something like that. Don't remember the exact number, but it wasn't great lol. That memory test in the beginning was killer.

Thanks for the response guys and congrats dt! I’m trying to PM you kimo a question. What gun do they use in the academy? Is there a list they send you or it is a single universal one?

Comment

• Kimo
                        Kimo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You'll get a list in the academy. You will have a day in the academy for firearm selection. They recommend glock 9mm but it's completely up to you. Most people went with the glock 17. I personally went with the glock 19x. You can get any caliber but they try to encourage everyone to use 9mm. We had a couple people with S&W. You dont need the firearm on day 1. You'll need it in about 2 months after day 1. So save your money for later(you have to pay for your firearm) ps: once u get ur metro ID, you will be able to purchase guns at blue label price.

• Dt1911
                        Dt1911 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I remember a time when I wanted to hate glocks so bad, until I bought one lol. Now it became my gun of choice to carry for work and ccw. I'd be done cleaning my glock in the same amount of time itll take me to disassemble my 1911 lmao.

• DP10
                        DP10 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Once you need it- I still have a Safariland double retention holster for the Glock 17 with tac light. Its in great condition. I also have boxing gloves and headgear available. I still have a garment bag too. Good luck in the Academy- you will need it

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5542 users online. 341 members and 5201 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X