300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Las Vegas January 2020 Academy

Anybody in the process currently? Just applied and am being scheduled for 2020 academy if all goes well. Any tips or infor on the process?

Originally posted by Dreamer1997 View Post
    Anybody in the process currently? Just applied and am being scheduled for 2020 academy if all goes well. Any tips or infor on the process?
    I am about to start being backgrounded. I did the physical earlier this month. They told me they do the physical every 2 months, so you'll prolly do it in August.

I am in shape, and hit the gym. But haven't been training outside... it was much harder when it was 92 degrees lol I was a little shakey and weak. So do some of your running and pushups in the heat.

Haven't done the interviews or anything yet, so I don't have much for advice.

It seems like a really good agency, its my #1 choice... I am hoping to get hired super bad

Comment

Nice yeah I have been running at the gym but recently started running outside. Do you know if they have contacted any of your references from your PHQ yet? Good luck are you trying for a January slot?

Comment

Starting backgrounds as well. I did my own practice test before the actually PT Test which showed me my weak areas. Good luck the heat makes it rough.

Comment

• Dreamer1997
          Dreamer1997 commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you take your test?

Just took the NTN today passed all three sections so waiting to get scheduled for PT

Comment

Nice yeah I have been running at the gym but recently started running outside. Do you know if they have contacted any of your references from your PHQ yet? Good luck are you trying for a January slot?
          They haven't. Once they start contacting them, I am sure some of my friends will let me know.

After the PT, you have exactly 15 days to submit your PHQ. Your real PHQ is on a system called POBITS, which is what NLV uses. I don't think they use the NTN PHQ, but you still have to fill that one out to move on and take the physical.

It took me many, many hours. I had a lot of different employers back in the day. I was never arrested, but I did a bunch of public requests requests on myself, for all my past police contacts. I printed them out. I am expecting my background investigator to contact me soon for the initial interview... to hand those in, along with my transcripts and all the other paperwork required. I keep feeling like I forgot something, but I did my best to be detailed in my PHQ.

The next academy is July, which is too soon for where I am in the process unfortunately. So yes January.
          Last edited by okeydokey47; 06-20-2019, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Dreamer1997
            Dreamer1997 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you receive a rank?

Was told I would be testing in August the earliest the latest September

Comment

Was told I would be testing in August the earliest the latest September
            No rank, not sure if they do that

NLV does the panel interview after the background, so I am not sure if they bother ranking after that or not. I know they are hiring a ton, especially next year. Retirements, and the city is growing so fast. I think I heard they are trying to open another substation in the NE section of the city too.

If you did your NTN written, make sure you fill out the NTN PHQ, and then the application on the actual City of NLV website. Or they won't invite you to the next step

Comment

Yeah I finished the PHQ and Application just waiting for an official date I scored pretty well on the NTN

Comment

Has anyone received a call from backgrounds yet?

Comment

• Dreamer1997
                  Dreamer1997 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How far along are you?

Submitted my POBITS a couple of weeks ago and still waiting for a call for the initial interview.

Comment

Are you scheduled for January academy?

Comment

• Losdoyers
                    Losdoyers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s the plan!

Originally posted by Losdoyers View Post
                  Submitted my POBITS a couple of weeks ago and still waiting for a call for the initial interview.
                  Same for me. Was hoping for a call soon because I am anxious. I submitted it 2 days before the due date. But at the same time I know they have a lot to do, so I don't wanna be an annoyance

Comment

• Losdoyers
                    Losdoyers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s understandable. I’m just worried around my work schedule so the sooner they start making calls would definitely make it easier. Let me know if you hear anything!

Yessir me too, I'm gonna have to find a way to make my work schedule flexible... especially if there is a initial background interview, another one after that, and then the Chiefs interview

For sure, lemme know too if you hear anything. I'm assuming they are finishing up backgrounds for the July academy or something

Comment

Originally posted by Losdoyers View Post
                    Got the initial interview call today!

Comment

• Losdoyers
                      Losdoyers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dang that wasn’t too bad! What dates did they offer?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4777 users online. 238 members and 4539 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X