300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision Question

I wear hard (gas permeable) contact lenses. According to the Protectthecity website, I need to have 20/40 vision without my contacts. That is not going to happen. I have been wearing glasses/contacts since I was 2 years old. So, I am trying to get my corrected vision with soft lenses to 20/20, which is not very easy. So, i was just wondering if anyone else has had any problem with the Vision test and how set in stone they are about they 20/20 requirement. Thanks
    Why give up, why give in? Its not enough, it never is
    -Breaking Benjamin

Speak to a recruiter directly. You do remove your contacts/glasses for screening.

Comment

I have already spoken to the recruiters and everyone. I was just wondering if they are real sticklers on making sure you have 20/20 with your corrected vision. I just don't know if i am going to be able to get my vision there, and I don't want to loose a job because my vision isn't perfect.
      -Breaking Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Freeze849 View Post
        I have already spoken to the recruiters and everyone. I was just wondering if they are real sticklers on making sure you have 20/20 with your corrected vision. I just don't know if i am going to be able to get my vision there, and I don't want to loose a job because my vision isn't perfect.
        It may be tough, but if you can't read a plate or identify a suspect at distance, then you're unable to perform your job within reason. Best of luck to you.
        People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

Yeah thats true. I do have 20/25 vision corrected, but its just kinda hard for my opthamologist to get the right lenses to get me to 20/20. I am a police officer now and don't have a problem with any of my vision but just am really nervous about getting DQ'd because of something I can't control. I have already been offered the position with LVMPD and am supposed to start the academy in Nov. I guess Im just going to have to hope for the best. Thanks
          -Breaking Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Freeze849 View Post
            Yeah thats true. I do have 20/25 vision corrected, but its just kinda hard for my opthamologist to get the right lenses to get me to 20/20. I am a police officer now and don't have a problem with any of my vision but just am really nervous about getting DQ'd because of something I can't control. I have already been offered the position with LVMPD and am supposed to start the academy in Nov. I guess Im just going to have to hope for the best. Thanks

So you did not have the medical exam yet?
            Why not goto the doctor and practice, see what you can do now.
            It can't hurt.
            Just to see what you definitely are comfortable reading and everything.
            The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6212 users online. 344 members and 5868 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X