300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Las Vegas Question

North Las Vegas has been spending some serious money in recruiting for quite some time. I recently applied there for the lateral position, but I heard they are only looking for a couple of dozen people. I'm sure they are getting a couple hundred apps or more.

I was just curious what locals or those who have applied to the department know or think about NLVPD. Appears to be a good place to work, but with a very, very competitive hiring process. I was just wondering what my chances are. I am applying to several other departments and need to be selective with my travel expenses. I have 9 years on the job in a relatively small department, FTO, Motorcycle officer, with some good training and certs, great background, associates degree. Any input would be appreciated.

I would love to work for Vegas Metro too, but I would be losing too much since they are not laterally hiring.

Well rumor is, NLVPD is only hiring laterals, like 10 a year to replace a recruit who fails out of the academy or someone who doesnt make it through FTO. I applied last year and have lived and worked in LV for over 4 years. I have heard the list is 500 +, but that could be a bit lengthy or exaggerated.

Comment

We are hiring laterals. There were 6 in FTEP with me to about 23 new officers. I believe there are 5 in this current FTEP class.

I love the department and couldn't fathom working for any other agency in the valley except maybe the new CCSN PD (just because I know more than half of the department)

go to www.joinnlvpd.com and check it out. There's a metric **** ton of info there as well as links to recruiters' email. They'll be able to answer any questions you might have about POST certs being transferable, etc. They're pretty flexible with schedules etc for laterals.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazin413 View Post
        We are hiring laterals. There were 6 in FTEP with me to about 23 new officers. I believe there are 5 in this current FTEP class.

I love the department and couldn't fathom working for any other agency in the valley except maybe the new CCSN PD (just because I know more than half of the department)

go to www.joinnlvpd.com and check it out. There's a metric **** ton of info there as well as links to recruiters' email. They'll be able to answer any questions you might have about POST certs being transferable, etc. They're pretty flexible with schedules etc for laterals.

I already did so...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5495 users online. 304 members and 5191 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X