300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson 2019 process

Just finished my background with Metro. Going to head over to Henderson and start their process has anyone applied recently and can give me some information on their process especially with their new requirements? Any Henderson applicants?

I've been considering it. Looks like they no longer require the written, thats nice because it will save you some money. No clue what they do for an academy now that they've pulled out of SDPRA. Out of curiosity, why are you applying there after you've completed Metros BG? If you apply with HPD, that will require Metro to re-open your BG and delay you in the hiring process.

Comment

Really? I wasn’t accepted I just finished the steps for the process in the background? It’ll still delay? I was told they’re doing their own academy like metro now. But have been curious to see how many people they’re taking in metro has a year long wait

Comment

• BlackEdge702
        BlackEdge702 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll say this. I was told there are 5 things that will interrupt your BG once it's been completed or still in progress. Changing jobs, citations, changing schools or enrolling in a new class, moving and applying with other police or fire depts. The reason, POST requires the inquiries of the records unit in cities you lived, worked or attended school in. Inquiries are also to be made with every law enforcement agency you've applied with. You said your process is over but now you want to process with another PD. You'll need to inform your BI.I can't imagine you will be hired and into an academy with any other department sooner than you will with metro at this point. Personally, I wouldn't risk it but we are in Vegas. Roll the dice and best of luck. I'm going to try and get some more info on HPD. Ill shoot you a PM when I do.

• Dreamer1997
        Dreamer1997 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you let me know if you find out more information or start applying. I’ll just wait to here back from metro before applying but if HPD is going to have an academy soon idk

It won’t delay your background process with Metro. I believe Henderson is still accepting applications to fill a June academy.

Comment

Nice are you in the process? Damn June sounds good

Comment

Just sent you a PM.

Comment

Last edited by Dreamer1997; 06-15-2019, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Any updates on Henderson? I was just declined by my first department in Arizona and now am looking into Henderson and a few other agencies.

Comment

• Dreamer1997
                Dreamer1997 commented
                Editing a comment
                They are still hiring. When you apply you’ll have to wait to test for awhile. It’s a great department and they pay the best in southern Nevada.

• joeyh97
                joeyh97 commented
                Editing a comment
                They just restarted their application process today, as they added a few new requirements and such to apply. Apply now and you’ll probably hear back soon!

Check out their recruitment page for details

Comment

Does Henderson still require a associates degree? I know they had it on the first page of the recruitment but I know they just recently changed it?

Comment

• Dreamer1997
                  Dreamer1997 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just changed it yesterday it’s not required anymore. They require candidates to take NTN test instead now.

From talking to recruiters they plan to do 3 academy’s a year and they are doing their own academy now. Not through SDRPA.

Comment

Dang I’m going to put in an application with them if that’s the case!

Comment

:: DELETED::
                    (inaccurate information)
                    Last edited by Prudence702; 07-22-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Dreamer1997
                      Dreamer1997 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Who told you that? That seems like a crazy amount

Yeah---I got clarification. It was an error on his part. He saw the TOTAL number of CO's and PO's and interpetited it incorrectly.
                    I deleted that post. SOrry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer1997 View Post
                      From talking to recruiters they plan to do 3 academy’s a year and they are doing their own academy now. Not through SDRPA.
                      Do u have any idea on how many PO's and Co's they are looking for? 3 academy's a year seems like a lot. You're definitely not talking about LVMPD??
                      If that number is accurate--that is really good.
                      Any more info?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7366 users online. 359 members and 7007 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X