300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applicant attire while testing...

Recently I was inside our Personnel section and observed two applicants waiting for their polygraph test. I was surprised to see them dressed in shorts and t-shirts. (They looked like crap) Nothing like a great first impression. They did not know who I was, since I was also waiting inside the waiting room, not in uniform. Just remember, first impressions go a long way, you are testing for a job as a police officer, not Burger King.

LVMPD tells the applicants to dress comfortably for the polygraph. Looks like these guys lack common sense and took it to an extreme. Good luck to them, I guess.

I'm counting on a lot of people without common sense when I test May 1st

Comment

^ lol. You'll see some interesting characters testing, that's for sure.
      Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

To me, if someone told me to dress comfortably during a portion of the testing, all that would do is permit me not to wear a suit. I would probably still show up in a minimum of dress slacks and a dark golf shirt of something along those lines.

That should be adequate, correct?

Comment

Personally, I would always wear (when not wearing a suit) black slacks and a nice long sleeve button up shirt, unless told otherwise by Metro.
          Last edited by Voirdire; 04-27-2007, 08:29 PM.
          Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Personally Ithink Im gonna wear a Canadian Tuxedo, that being all denim. Including jean jacket, pants, collared denim shirt ( all stonewashed). Haha just playin.

Comment

i was told directly not to some dressed up. they gave u a sheet that said what not to wear..... i i went in khakis and a polo ... i mean, shorts and a t shirt meh a little to comfy.... but it says dont dress up...

Comment

Well then in that case, do what they tell you to do.

Comment

Definitely go with what they tell you to do.
                  For the polygraph, your supposed to dress comfortably, and I guess not wear a full suit.
                  I didn't take it as meaning shorts and a t-shirt though.
                  Aside from the physical and polygraph, I wore a suit to everything.
                  I figured better safe than sorry and that I'd rather be over-dressed then under-dressed.
                  For the polygraph, I went with khakis and a nice polo. I wouldn't suggest anything less.
                  Last edited by MRRBEST; 04-28-2007, 12:54 AM.
                  The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5616 users online. 349 members and 5267 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X