300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas Metro Drug policy

I live in New York and am interested in applying for the Las Vegas Metro P.D. I meet all the basic requirements, however, I am concerned as far as there drug policy for recruits. Does anyone know the mandatory time period from the last time one has used an illegal substance to the time that you apply? For some reason I have a feeling that the time period is 3 years, after reading some of the possibel questions on their polygraph. Any information would be great! thanks guys

I'm not sure what the exact length of time is, but I can tell you this: When asked, "Do you have any problems taking a drug test?" The correct answer is not "Great! I know lots about drugs!"
    People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

Haha, I wouldnt think so. Anyway, I wouldnt have a problem, its not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sik70ss View Post
        Haha, I wouldnt think so. Anyway, I wouldnt have a problem, its not an issue.

To be certain, there's no harm in calling and asking a recruiter.
        The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

I had emailed and receive no response, and then called and was told they cannot give out that information.

Comment

Originally posted by sik70ss View Post
            I had emailed and receive no response, and then called and was told they cannot give out that information.

Really? Try checking some of the links in this website:

Here
            The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

Metro can't release all of what they do during the background process. If you think it's going to be a problem then wait it out another year or two.
              Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Thanks man, thats what I am going to do. I think im better off waiting for about 2 years and then applying again. For now ill be going into the NYPD academy. They say they are looking to hire 400 officers each year for the next 10 years, so hopefuly by then they will still be looking to hire that many.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5390 users online. 273 members and 5117 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X