300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation to May test

Im flyin in from Oregon wondering if I should rent a car or just take a taxi. Im stayin at the monte carlo and if I rent a car I have no idea where the hell im gonna park the thing.

Originally posted by blackwaterops
    Im flyin in from Oregon wondering if I should rent a car or just take a taxi. Im stayin at the monte carlo and if I rent a car I have no idea where the hell im gonna park the thing.
    What part of the process, the first part (written, physical, oral board) or second part (psych, poly, background, etc)?

If its just the first part, I'd just take a Taxi. Even the second part, you should be fine and everything will be walking distance or a short taxi drive to where you have to go. I stayed at the Stratosphere (one complete end of the strip) and walked to the testing locations. One day it was extremely hot and I didn't want to look like a mess, so I took my time and took a taxi.

If you definitely have your heart set on it and want to take a look around the nearby and even not so nearby areas, then obviously rent a car since the taxi certainly adds up quick.

I only rented a car on my most recent visit for my medical exam. I took my girlfriend with me and we looked at several different apartment communities, located the academy, checked several areas, and she had some job interviews. The rental car was the obvious choice for us and rightfully so (since I managed to put 400+ miles on the car in less than 4 full days) haha. It was worth it though and nice to see a lot of the areas first hand.

But if the only reason your asking is in regards to the first or second part of the testing process, then no, you do not NEED to rent a car, especially with the monorail, bus, (both very affordable) and taxi's (not nearly as affordable).
    The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

thanks that helps out alot i dont want to rent a car and spend more money than i have to.

Comment

You can take a bus, or the mono-rail to the area. Unless you plan on driving around the valley ( scoping out the place, ect) renting a car might not be the best thing. When I tested way back when, I took a bus to get to my interviews. A taxi from the Monte Carlo and back will be about $20 round trip. That beats $100 plus for a rent a car, parking, ect..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6134 users online. 367 members and 5767 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X