300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVMPD Car

Is their any talk about Las Vegas Metro going away from the "V-Bar" style light bar and making the transition to LED's in the near future?
    Last edited by Helojacob; 04-13-2007, 05:01 PM.
    "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 -1965) British Prime Minister.

When the LVMPD feels like it.
    Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Why? Our cars are relatively new. Each one has a Remington 870P shotgun, a low lethal, and an MCT. The dept gives you a brand new AR15 if you want to qualify as a rifle guy. We get a good uniform allowance........Gee I think I'd rather have that than the money spent on new LED lightbars.
      People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

No plans of any change in the near future. We have a fleet of over 800 black and white patrol vehicles that are equipped with the V-Bar. Add another 120 K-9 and resident vehicles to that. The cost to purchase would be high and the change them out would be labor intensive. I agree the LED light bars look better, but how can you justify a cost increase upgrading equipment, when what we current have is still operational? Factor in the opticom system inside our current light bars and it doesn't make sense to change them. Just my thoughts...
        Last edited by Pintobean; 04-14-2007, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I’m not complaining, just wondering if their is any plan to change. I’m actually very pleased with the overall appearance of LVMPD’s car. Can’t beat the look of a black and whites police car.
          "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 -1965) British Prime Minister.

Comment

Let me tell ya something, be happy with the black and white. Here in Oregon, since its such a damn progressive stat. Some of the mayors thought it be a great idea to change a few depts. to a Japanese police style color, its like bright checkered orange and green. The officers here have to put up with so much. I cant wait to move to Vegas

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4332 users online. 259 members and 4073 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X