Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gunz4Hire; No way!! Hopefully this is a good thing for us. Stay positive.

Comment

If I remember correctly this is normal on the PO side. They have had postings every month for the past few years it seems like, so if the Aug one is closing they could be opening a Sept process if they need to. It's not like DPS where they have one continuous posting throughout the year.

Comment

if im not mistaken the 1st is the deadline for august 2018 applicants. On the 2nd, they will open it again for the month of September.
        knowledge equals confidence

Comment

I heard it’s the last one for this year but who knows we’ll see. Seems like spots have been filling which makes me nervous.. they only need 200 this year which is very little lol

Comment

• Kimo
            Kimo commented
            Editing a comment
            Guess we will find out in a few days. Personally, I dont think so considering they keep advertising about recruiting/hosting recruiting seminars. I will agree that it is slowing down. You may just have to wait longer for an academy date.

Yea I see.. if my academy date is next year I don’t mind! Just need that 1 “You’re hired” I’m goood haha

Comment

Don't worry about Metro hiring all 200 positions and not needing anyone else. This is a huge department with a ton of retirements, terminations, laterals etc. They will always be hiring. This city keeps growing and with that comes the need for more cops, hose draggers and medics. For those of you who keep applying to different agencies after getting DQd, your commitment to getting a LE job is great. Just be realistic though and make sure you have a back up career so you don't spend your life as an applicant. Good luck to you all!
            Last edited by dvon714; 07-31-2018, 02:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I have a written and physical on Aug. 15-16. How was the written test? Do they tell you if you pass that day?

Comment

The written test is fairly basic and covers the fundamentals. When I tested we received our scores later that day by email and it advised on scheduling for the fitness test.

Comment

• ZMRx714
                  ZMRx714 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for the reply. Is there a time limit on that written exam?

The written was a bit challenging compared to others I’ve taken. One thing I can recommend is memorize that picture in the study guide. That picture will expand as it’s cropped but whatever there is, MEMORIZE IT lol. Goodluck!

Comment

I believe you're given 2 hours to complete the test. It's two parts, the first one you get 10 minutes and the second is 1 hour 50 min. Maybe someone that has taken it recently can confirm my information.

Comment

The first part is 10 mins but they give 2 mins to look at the picture. The rest is accurate, yes.

Comment

Ok, I have a question for those that already filled out their PHQ.
                      Unfortunately I can't remember every time I've had police contact over the years. I listed everything I could find proof of ex: when I was pulled over and received a warning, traffic stops, been fingerprinted etc.. How bad is it going to look if I don't list EVERYTHING since I cant remember it all?

Then for the Residence portion. I've never been one to remember neighbors or get to know them at previous address's mainly because of their character/location of the residence. I've listed everyone I could at current/previous. But outside of that I never got to know my neighbors, or they are no longer living in that area and I can't remember names to save my life.

Comment

• Kimo
                        Kimo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        it's going to depend on ur BI. My BI was okay with me just adding my current neighbors information and my past roommates(my parents/brother) I didn't have any information about my past neighbors. As far as traffic tickets, I would recommend you be honest about ANY traffic/arrest that has happen in your life. I had a friend get DQ'd for not "remembering" a traffic ticket he received years ago and his BI found it during the investigation. During your background interview, you will have the opportunity to go through the whole PHQ with your investigator where you can explain/add things to him/her. Also, if you're an out of state applicant, my BI stressed the importance of getting e mail addresses from current/past employers.

Originally posted by UNSC Tundra View Post
                      Ok, I have a question for those that already filled out their PHQ.
                      Unfortunately I can't remember every time I've had police contact over the years. I listed everything I could find proof of ex: when I was pulled over and received a warning, traffic stops, been fingerprinted etc.. How bad is it going to look if I don't list EVERYTHING since I cant remember it all?

Then for the Residence portion. I've never been one to remember neighbors or get to know them at previous address's mainly because of their character/location of the residence. I've listed everyone I could at current/previous. But outside of that I never got to know my neighbors, or they are no longer living in that area and I can't remember names to save my life.
                      My advice is do your absolute best to find that information. If you need help with your traffic record then request your file from the DMV, if you need help with your residences then look at your credit report and it should help you with some of them. As for the neighbors, do you rent? Apartment/house? Apartments obviously have higher turnover for occupancy and not everyone is on the same 12 months as you. When I rented I knew none of my neighbors because everyone kept to themselves and never said hi walking by.

It's better to put something down and explain it then put nothing at all.

Comment

• UNSC Tundra
                        UNSC Tundra commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have a recent 10 year driving history from the DMV and that's about as far as "Suspended, Canceled, Valid" as the information is given. Residences I'm not worried about as I have all of those.. Think there's maybe 6 address's since I was 15. Own/Rent depending on the timeframe, The last 2 address's have been in great or decent neighborhoods to where I got to know a couple of the neighbors in passing/children playing together.. Outside of that, with being in rough area's I never got to know the neighbors.. I mean I have put down what I can, I've looked at previous residences and nobody I recognize. Old neighborhood the drug dealer is still there, but stayed away from em… So yea... This was the most challenging part and filling it out to the best of my abilities

You’ll be fine, as long as you got as much info as you can to the best of your abilities. As long as you put down everything or even write “Don’t remember, but did happen, etc.) you’ll be good.

Comment

Well guys, I've reached the end of the road. I received that dreaded email. I was disqualified due to a recent suspension/investigation at work for an alleged excessive force incident. I was cleared, compensated and allowed to return back to work, but unfortunately that suspension did effect me with the hiring process. The good thing is, I am eligible to reapply next year. Best of luck recruits!

Comment

• Kimo
                          Kimo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry to hear that bro. I work in corrections and my BI kept asking for my IA clearance. Luckily, in the 5 years working here I have not used any type of force *knock on wood*. Good luck brother and don't give up

• _jaay18
                          _jaay18 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Kimo ; Thank you sir, I will definitely give it another go. I will be applying soon to NDOC so we will see how that goes. Good luck with the process

• B_sky33
                          B_sky33 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry to hear brother, just keep applying. Henderson and NLVPD are great options as well.

• apal
                          apal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          how bad is it if you have 2 IA cases. however, both are verbal warnings?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6959 users online. 250 members and 6709 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X