300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVMPD 2018 Process

Hey guys, I’m in the LVMPD process. Passed my written/Physical in May. Currently scheduled for my background portion in 2 week! I’m from LA and I’m interested to see who else is in the process as well and share some tips!

I’m I’m backgrounds as well right now (although on the corrections side but the process is the same). Let me know if you have any questions

Comment

Hello, yes I’ve heard they’re the same! Have you taken your poly/psych exams yet? If so, how was it?

Comment

im also a May applicant. I'll be out there in a week(23) for a few days. Best of luck
        knowledge equals confidence

Comment

I had my poly a few weeks ago and it went well. I have my written psych on the 23rd, should take about 3 hours to complete. I’ve been through the process once before so I have a good idea of what to expect. The poly is the only one that really stresses me out, I’ve done them a few times now and it never gets easier (at least for me). The written psych isn’t bad, it’s just long. And then you have the oral psych based on your written test results. Where are you at in the process?

Comment

• Kimo
            Kimo commented
            Editing a comment
            i've done one poly before about a year ago for another department and passed. I also have my psych on the 23rd at 0730. This will be my first psych exam. Do they tell you if you pass the poly the same day? The department I currently work for did.

Cool see you there! The psych isn’t bad, just long. And yes, they told me the results after the poly was finished.

Comment

• Kimo
            Kimo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the fast reply. Best of luck in the process. See you next week.

Hello guys, I have my written psych on the 23rd along with a background interview, oral psych on the 24th and poly on the 25th. I was in the LAPD process last year and passed all except the last step which was the oral psych.. don’t know why but I guess I didn’t fit the bill. Really nervous about this process considering there are a TON of well competitive qualified candidates! Driving out there this Sunday to prepare. I don’t know if we’re all going to be in the same room maybe.. or even if we’ll have the same BI.

Also fore the Oral psych and poly, was it more of an interrogation? Because my LAPD one was very “Chill” and normal.

Comment

• Kimo
            Kimo commented
            Editing a comment
            During my written/pt test, there wasn't that much people compared to what i've seen in the past.

Originally posted by Gunz4Hire View Post
          Hello guys, I have my written psych on the 23rd along with a background interview, oral psych on the 24th and poly on the 25th. I was in the LAPD process last year and passed all except the last step which was the oral psych.. don’t know why but I guess I didn’t fit the bill. Really nervous about this process considering there are a TON of well competitive qualified candidates! Driving out there this Sunday to prepare. I don’t know if we’re all going to be in the same room maybe.. or even if we’ll have the same BI.

Also fore the Oral psych and poly, was it more of an interrogation? Because my LAPD one was very “Chill” and normal.
          Don’t sweat it brother, I’m sure there’s a ton of people applying but there’s also a good number of openings to fill. There’s approx 6 BI’s and that meeting is one on one so have all your paperwork ready and prepare for about 3 hours. We will all be in the same room for the written psych but that’s about the only time. The written psych is about 3 hours as well and the oral is maybe 30 minutes. As for them being an “interrogation “ I didn’t feel that way at all.

The BI interview and written psych are in the same building so you will probably meet your BI right after the test, or at least I would assume

Comment

Oh man taking that written psych again isn’t gonna be fun haha. Do you know how many academy classes are even being held? I heard they were doing monthly but not sure.

Comment

Your BI will be the best source for that info, they typically know what academy your timing for. The academy for PO is approx 28 weeks and is at the facility off of Cheyenne. I don’t know how often they’re running them since I’m going CO, but I highly doubt they’re running a new academy every month.

Comment

I’ve heard they have 250 spots for this year for P.O. Sounds very little considering all the applicants.. I would assume maybe larger academy class at the very least. That’s if they are doing like maybe 4 a year or so.

Comment

250 is a good number. My neighbor told me he applied years ago and they were only hiring for 8. Don’t worry about the number of people applying. I was ranked 131 and I got accepted previously

Comment

Going based off the 2017 thread/graduation posts on facebook, it seems like theyre having an academy about every month with numbers ranging from 30-50 recruits per academy.
                    Last edited by Kimo; 07-19-2018, 12:38 PM.
                    knowledge equals confidence

Comment

I got ranked 179 and was told the BI would contact me the latest but I was contacted within a month! They also said as you move forward and pass exams your rank goes lower which is good. I don’t mind if they put me on a wait list for an academy date, all that matters is getting hired right now! Yea in 2017 they did cuz they had 600 academy slots!

Comment

I've got a July slot right now, waiting on rankings today.

Curious, for those that went and retrieved their court records. What all did you have to get and where?
                        I started collecting everything else and seems from the information provided on the website, this is all that is missing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11569 users online. 382 members and 11187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X