Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Nevada LEO's Need Help Getting hired.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Nevada LEO's Need Help Getting hired.

Just curious if there are any Nevada LEO's on this site. I am not quite an officer, just need a job, finished with Academy at the College of Southern Idaho. I was hoping somebody could give me some leads or tips about getting hired, I have applied several times to various agencies, to no avail. However, I have not applied since I passed the POST Test. Any help would be great.

I see you posted in few other states, just wordering why not Illinois.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
    Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
    'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

more or less interested in staying west, my wife is a pansy about moving far away from her family

Comment

I'm just kidding with you, but good luck!
        Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
        Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
        For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
        'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

Thanks a lot, I am stoked to get on the job somewhere, If I wasn't married I'd go pretty much anywhere though.

Comment

There are lots of places to look for job vacancies. Try the following:

http://www.careerpath.com/Jobseeker/...&qsbButton.y=0

http://www.dop.nv.gov//regulatory&ps.html

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/job...8&SUBMIT1.y=20

http://www.co.washoe.nv.us/humanreso.../JobsMain1.php

http://www.officer.com/jobs/job_query_action.jsp

http://***********************/conten...eID=29#joblist
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by nrneuha
              Just curious if there are any Nevada LEO's on this site. I am not quite an officer, just need a job, finished with Academy at the College of Southern Idaho. I was hoping somebody could give me some leads or tips about getting hired, I have applied several times to various agencies, to no avail. However, I have not applied since I passed the POST Test. Any help would be great.

Nevada Cop here....PM me with what you want to know.....
              What would Dirty Harry do in a situation like this???

Comment

Lvmpd

Las Vegas is hiring......WWW.LVMPD.com..... Just passed a good contract and the work is really diverse. I've been with them now for 9 years and still love going to work everyday.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I have looked into LVMPD before, I just looked over the website, I really like the benefits, pay rates etc... The PT is looking pretty good too, most agencies up my way like to make you run 1 1/2 miles which sucks. Out of curiosity, do you guys get take home cars, or do you share?
                  I may apply soon, do you know if they will take my Idaho Cert.?
                  Thanks

Comment

Metro will not accept your POST. North Las Vegas and Henderson might if Idaho is a reciprocity state with Nevada. You need to check with Nevada POST for that.

I went to METRO from Pocatello. Loved the department but hated every minute of living in the Las Vegas area. If you are the typical Idahoan and have a wife that is tight with her family I can bet you will too. We are in Lincoln County now. We will have another patrol spot open in September and none of our current jail deputies want to come out to the road. We are hiring 5 deputies for the jail in the very near future as soon as we sign a new prisoner contract. Jail and patrol pay and benefits are all the same here and as long as you are Cat 1 certified you can move between the two. I don't know of anybody else looking right now.

Comment

No take home cars, theres over 800 officers in patrol. Go to select area's in the bureau and you get one of those. We do have share cars that are issued based usually on your time on.(10 man squad at least 8 have an assigned car that is shared with only one other person w/ opposite days off.)

Comment

Taking applications

Humboldt County Sheriff's Office is looking for people. Located around Winnemucca, take home cars, pay good for the area. We are looking for people for both patrol and jail. One of our SGT's came here with an Idaho POST. I came here with a California POST.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, does Humboldt have a website? How do I obtain an app?

That's too bad about Metro, it doesn't rule it out obviously, but I would rather not re-attend post if I don't have to, but, It may come to that.

Comment

Go to www.hcsonv.com. You can get an application from there. The web site does not provide a whole lot of info so if you have any questions let me know and maybe I can answer them for you. Good luck.

Comment

thanks, went to the site and emailed someone of importance as to whether ya'll would take my cert etc... recieved a reply stating that yes they will and they would send me an app. I will probably apply, do you know if they will do a PT? if so, i should start getting ready again.

Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7781 users online. 449 members and 7332 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X