300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson Police Department Application 2015

Is anyone on here taking the test for HPD?
    If you took it already I would like to hear about it. I'm planning on taking it In May.
    Last edited by Bladeeffect727; 03-28-2015, 10:07 AM.

Yes sir I put my app in a few days ago I took the National Testing Network police test back in October of 2014 its a 3 part test with the first part being a very long video portion its more human relations. Then the next part is a report writing assignment where you hear a call go out then you interview witness you have a couple minutes to jot down notes then write a report its fairly easy. Then there is a grammar section where they ask you what word better fits the sentence like ....their, there, they're. I scored 69% in the video 94% in the report writing and a 100% in the reading portion it takes about 3.5 hours overall to do the test.
    Timeline:
    09/2014= applied
    10/2014= tested
    11/2014=oral board
    11/2014=background submitted
    03/2015=conditional offer
    04/2015=final offer
    06/2015=started the academy
    09/2015=sworn in

standby to standby

Comment

I took the test. It was a long *** test. I scored an 85% on written, 100% in writing, and 100% in reading. As cfronze said, the video test is human interaction - they play a scenario of cops - you mark from A, B, C, or D how you'd respond.
      3/5/14 - Applied to NV DPS
      3/17/14 - PT/Written Test
      4/21/14 - Oral Board
      8/27/14 - Background Investigation Started
      10/13/14 - Conditional Offer
      11/6/14 - 1st Poly
      11/25/14 - 2nd Poly
      12/1/14 - 3rd Poly
      12/8/14 - Full offer of employment
      1/12/15 - Academy Start Date

Comment

Oh hey blade, im also taking the test too next thursday on the 28th. Wow 3.5 hrs? So the tests are fairly easy from what im reading. I applied uhhh 2 days ago and finished my PHQ yesterday. Excited. I have 3 months to get into shape for the PAT in August. Still need work on pushups but everything going well

Comment

Did anyone got the invite for pt test for August yet? I know they only take the 200 top scores from the written test.

Comment

Never mind just got the e-mail 😀 from HPD.

Comment

@Justys, where are you in the process now!?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justys View Post
                Never mind just got the e-mail 😀 from HPD.
                Where are you in the process now!?
                Originally posted by Dae1730 View Post
                @Justys, where are you in the process now!?

Comment

I am not in process with HPD. HPD physical was the same day as my psych for LVMPD, I have chosen LVMPD.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything on next steps?

Comment

Originally posted by Kellerman View Post
                      Has anyone heard anything on next steps?
                      @kellerman, I pretty much finished the process and I'm now waiting on the chief to say, YaY. But that won't be done until the ending of November according to what the psychologist told me. He'll also be sitting in with the chief on making the final decision. Btw, where are you at in the process!?

I BLEED BLUE!!!

Comment

@kellerman, I pretty much finished the process and I'm now waiting on the chief to say, YaY. But that won't be done until the ending of November according to what the psychologist told me. He'll also be sitting in with the chief on making the final decision. Btw, where are you at in the process!?

I BLEED BLUE!!!
                        Wow! Congratulations!! I guess it's not looking good for me then. I haven't heard anything since meeting with the background investigator. I sent a follow up email a few weeks ago and they said they would be communicating next steps soon, but still waiting. Did they give you any word on how many they are hiring?
                        What was your ranking after the first interview? I'm probably just too far down the line.

Comment

Wow! Congratulations!! I guess it's not looking good for me then. I haven't heard anything since meeting with the background investigator. I sent a follow up email a few weeks ago and they said they would be communicating next steps soon, but still waiting. Did they give you any word on how many they are hiring?
                          What was your ranking after the first interview? I'm probably just too far down the line.
                          @kellerman, here's a quick timeline for me. I did PT in August(on a hot summer day, 108 degrees). Didn't get a call back until about the 2nd week in October. Did my medical at doctor, then went to a physical therapy place as recommended for any employee seeking employment with the city of Henderson, polygraph then psychological exam. When I did my BI interview my rank was 90. According to HR, I got a last minute call back, so I jumped on it right away. As of my ranking now, I have no idea. Btw, are you a resident of NV!? Did you also test for any depts!?

I BLEED BLUE!!!

Comment

@kellerman, here's a quick timeline for me. I did PT in August(on a hot summer day, 108 degrees). Didn't get a call back until about the 2nd week in October. Did my medical at doctor, then went to a physical therapy place as recommended for any employee seeking employment with the city of Henderson, polygraph then psychological exam. When I did my BI interview my rank was 90. According to HR, I got a last minute call back, so I jumped on it right away. As of my ranking now, I have no idea. Btw, are you a resident of NV!? Did you also test for any depts!?

I BLEED BLUE!!!
                            Thanks for the breakdown. Do you mean last minute callback as in they have pretty much filled the open spots but got you in right at the last minute? I was rank 105 after my BI. I also did my PAT in August.

I'm not a resident of NV, I live all the way down in FL. I was going to test with North Las Vegas, but couldn't make it to the PAT. Did you test with any others?

Comment

Thanks for the breakdown. Do you mean last minute callback as in they have pretty much filled the open spots but got you in right at the last minute? I was rank 105 after my BI. I also did my PAT in August.

I'm not a resident of NV, I live all the way down in FL. I was going to test with North Las Vegas, but couldn't make it to the PAT. Did you test with any others?
                              Yeah, broz right at the last minute like you. I don't how they make.there preselected, but I thank god I even got the last minute call. I applied for metro, they cancelled the academy a month before I was suppose to report. I had left NHP(state trooper) academy, north town, city of.las vegas correction and deputy. You name it I applied if they had an opening

I BLEED BLUE!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6595 users online. 346 members and 6249 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X