Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Hired, Medical Question, Help Needed

Hello all,

I think I'm going to get hired. My active paranoia is setting in though.

I took the medical tests, I think I passed them all. The breathing test I did badly on, I got an 82% lung function. I redid it and wasn't told the second score, I spoke with the doctor and he mentioned it, but didn't seem to concerned.

He scheduled me for my spinal x-ray and my physical therapy appointments. I don't think he would've wasted time or resources sending me if he knew I coudnt handle it.

I'm in the waiting stages for final selection. Does anyone have a similar situation with anything or any advice. Thanks and good luck!

Originally posted by cdwattsusmc View Post
    Hello all,

I took the medical tests, I think I passed them all. The breathing test I did badly on, I got an 82% lung function. I redid it and wasn't told the second score, I spoke with the doctor and he mentioned it, but didn't seem to concerned.

He scheduled me for my spinal x-ray and my physical therapy appointments. I don't think he would've wasted time or resources sending me if he knew I coudnt handle it.

I'm in the waiting stages for final selection. Does anyone have a similar situation with anything or any advice. Thanks and good luck!
    I just took my med I got a 78% on the lung function. Doc said I was good he sent me for a lung X-ray, but overall I think I passed no word if I failed or not, so don't go by me but I think u should be fine.

Comment

Thanks! I was thinking the same, when I went to take my psych test I was speaking with a NLVPD candidate and he said he got a 75% on it. The nurse told me that a 104% was what they typically look for. I don't get it. The testing was really easy though, my EKG was awesome or so I was told. Just stressing on the lung test, but same as you mentioned the doctor didn't seem to concerned and he scheduled the other appointments, so I'm counting it as a win.

Comment

Thanks! I was thinking the same, when I went to take my psych test I was speaking with a NLVPD candidate and he said he got a 75% on it. The nurse told me that a 104% was what they typically look for. I don't get it. The testing was really easy though, my EKG was awesome or so I was told. Just stressing on the lung test, but same as you mentioned the doctor didn't seem to concerned and he scheduled the other appointments, so I'm counting it as a win.
        Lol. It might have been me I'm a NLVPD candidate. The DR told me an 80 was passing on the lung test. Plus he didn't have me re do it so we should be good. I now I went thru all my steps n not one reference has been contacted which is weird. All I have left is the chief meet n greet hopefully!!!

Comment

Same here! I'm just waiting for final selection, I took my psych on Dec 17 I think. There was definately a guy from NY there. Isn't that where you're from, it probably was you haha

Comment

Same here! I'm just waiting for final selection, I took my psych on Dec 17 I think. There was definately a guy from NY there. Isn't that where you're from, it probably was you haha
            Yes sir I came in sat in the corner was two other guys there both for Henderson I recall the guy next to me said he was worried about his lungs but passed the pt w no problem. I don't think they waist there time n money sending u for stuff in they weren't sure u would be selected!! They now your backround before u even move thru the process.

Comment

Hello all,

Honestly Bro the medical tests is to make sure you don't any type of blood borne diseases or anything that is going to kill you. When I took the lung test I passed one and failed the other 2 (I think) but I'm an excellent runner and have never smoked. It honestly doesn't matter.

Comment

Thanks Boxlobster, do you work for LVMPD or Henderson already?

Comment

Thanks Boxlobster, do you work for LVMPD or Henderson already?
                  I work for LVMPD and loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxlobster View Post
                    I work for LVMPD and loving it.
                    Awesome. I'm in the process with NLV, chief review was yesterday but havent heard anything yet. I will probably get a thanks but no thanks letter soon!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3568 users online. 203 members and 3365 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X