300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out Of State Friendly Agencies?

Seeing how the competition is in CA, I've been thinking about the idea of moving and applying to agencies in neighboring states like Nevada. Does anyone happen to know which agencies that have an expedited process for those who live out of state?

I don't know of any agencies with expedited process for out of state candidates. LVMPD used to, but it's only slightly modified for those out of state, requiring 2 main trips (one for testing, one for backgrounds). I don't think you'll find Nevada (at least not the Las Vegas area) to be any less competitive to California. There are still 2500 people testing for 150 positions, and that's because the number of applications is capped.

Comment

Competition is the same everywhere. If you can't get a job in your home state, chances are you definitely won't get one out of state. San Diego PD is desperate right I would apply there. Also check the CA P.O.S.T. site for openings. If you don't have a degree, military experience and or prior law enforcement experience or a combination of the above, you won't have a good shot at most departments regardless of where you apply just due to the current situation with so many applicants and only so many jobs nationwide.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3377 users online. 206 members and 3171 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X