300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by superglue View Post

That's about all you can do is keep trying.

I'm now 5 years into the process of applying, testing, etc. At some point, I hope it will pay off. Keep the faith.
    NHP is my dream agency. But the thing that sucks is, you can only fail the BG twice in a lifetime. So if I fail again, I'm banned from ever applying with NHP again.

Comment

• I have a question for anyone who may have the answer. Ive been in the process with DPS for a trooper position and just got my letter of denial for 36 months. I had gone all the way through the phase 1 and phase 2 back grounds. When asked they couldn't tell me why I was DQ'd which I understand but what could DQ me for 36 months?

Comment

• BlackEdge702
        BlackEdge702 commented
        Editing a comment
        There's absolutely no way anyone here can answer that. None of us know your background. Only you know what "yes" boxes you checked on your PHS. Maybe it was employment history, credit, drug use, driving history etc. A 3 year DQ isn't too bad.

• Blue_Stone
        Blue_Stone commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't know DPS gave out 36month DQs. Must of been major if it's a 3 year DQ. I only got 18months the first time around. This is going to be my second time at this.

• If you made it to phase two for DPS... I would imagine something must have become an issue during your polygraph or medical. If you did either.. because those are the only two things that issues could arise from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaysonrz View Post
        If you made it to phase two for DPS... I would imagine something must have become an issue during your polygraph or medical. If you did either.. because those are the only two things that issues could arise from.
        How long do you think a termination from a job will affect me? Its been three years since I got terminated. I'm hoping that's eenoug time between me and the incident.

Comment

• Jaysonrz
          Jaysonrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I couldn’t know for sure. That would be up to the BI to weigh in everything in your background. If that was the “only” true issue, it may not alone be grounds for a DQ. But it’s definitely not a good look.

• Any info for laterals ? Which division are they hiring for ?

Comment

• Stay Frosty as I stated in our PM DPS isn’t hiring right now maybe next fiscal year.
          Timeline:
          09/2014= applied
          10/2014= tested
          11/2014=oral board
          11/2014=background submitted
          03/2015=conditional offer
          04/2015=final offer
          06/2015=started the academy
          09/2015=sworn in

standby to standby

Comment

• DPS not hiring? I just passed my test next academy is January and February

Comment

• When did you apply though DPS Officer isnt posted on the states site
              Timeline:
              09/2014= applied
              10/2014= tested
              11/2014=oral board
              04/2015=final offer
              09/2015=sworn in

standby to standby

Comment

• BlackEdge702
                BlackEdge702 commented
                Editing a comment
                I've seen it posted for over a year now. They stopped posting on NEATS if that's what your're talking about. They post it elsewhere now.

• Testing dates per DPS

Sept. 12, 2020 Elko
              Elko High School 987 College Ave. Elko, NV 89801

Oct. 3, 2020 Reno
              Regional Public Safety Training Center 5190 Spectrum Blvd. Reno, NV 89512

Oct. 24, 2020 Las Vegas
              NHP Southern Command Building 4615 W. Sunset Rd. Las Vegas, NV 89118

***Ongoing Saturday testing in Las Vegas & Carson City.
              Contact a Recruiter for information.

Comment

• It seems they just resumed hiring when I posted that it was taken down off neats but now they obviously resumed hiring I was more referring to a PM between stayfrosty and I guess the state isn’t hurting as bad as they initially thought
                Timeline:
                09/2014= applied
                10/2014= tested
                11/2014=oral board
                04/2015=final offer
                09/2015=sworn in

standby to standby

Comment

• Stay Frosty
                  Stay Frosty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No worries, just glad they are actually hiring.

• How many positions are they hiring for?

Comment

• smokeybear83
                  smokeybear83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There are still plenty of vacancies across the state, but I don't know the exact number. Academy sizes vary based on the number of applicants for each round.

Reno is still hurting, but the academy that just started up north will help out with that.
                  Rurals always need people.
                  Vegas can use more, though on paper Vegas is "close" to full. Vegas is still busy and could use more troops, but it comes down to available position numbers through HR.
                  Last edited by smokeybear83; 09-25-2020, 10:56 AM.

• Blue_Stone
                  Blue_Stone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm sure some troopers are going to be retiring soon as well. So that'll open up a few positions.

• smokeybear83 and Blue_Stone thank you for the insight I really appreciate it. I won't be applying until early next year so now I know where to focus my efforts

Comment

• Deleted Comment
                  Last edited by joeyh97; 02-05-2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Anyone in the process? Or anyone know of academy dates?

I only heard that the next NHP Class won't be until next year and P&P will be in September or there about.

-DeL

Comment

• smokeybear83
                      smokeybear83 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not sure about specific dates but I think it’s back to 4 per year. 2 in Vegas and 2 in Carson.

There are no separate academies for NHP and P&P. In the past it was a combined basic academy and then separate specifics depending on which division you were going to. It has been since been combined to a single, longer academy which incorporates specifics for both regardless of your division destination.

• Teriyakisauce
                      Teriyakisauce commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I tried to contact the recruiters but they haven't replied. But, when I went to the testing in early March, they only had 18 spots for PNP and no NHP for Vegas. For NHP, they are only hiring for Northern Areas and won't have an academy until next year.

So if that has now changed to have 4 academies a year, that's awesome! Maybe starting next year unless they just added more now.

-DeL

• smokeybear83
                      smokeybear83 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't understand why they say that because NHP is hurting for staffing everywhere. There are plenty of Vegas spots they can fill, though there are more in northern Nevada and in rural areas.

I'll try to get some better info for you and let you know. Are you in Vegas/looking for a Vegas spot? PM me your info and I can see what I can do.

• Teriyakisauce
                      Teriyakisauce commented
                      Editing a comment
                      PM'd Smokey!

• Anyone else in the process? I turned in my BG packet a couple of days ago.

-DeL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3581 users online. 237 members and 3344 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X