• Show
Clear All

• Nevada DPS

Has anyone applied for DPS?

Are you in the hiring process?

Comment

Originally posted by Flintboy View Post
      Are you in the hiring process?
      No, I ended up not being able to make it because of my current job. Also Im in AZ and plus the recruiter was telling me there not a lot of northern nevada vacancies. Im looking to move back to Reno. Are a DPS officer?

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        So they are hiring for the southern area more? I wouldn't mind the Vegas area

Originally posted by bjacoby1 View Post
      No, I ended up not being able to make it because of my current job. Also Im in AZ and plus the recruiter was telling me there not a lot of northern nevada vacancies. Im looking to move back to Reno. Are a DPS officer?
      No, I'm an officer with another department. DPS has closed their posting for recruits and laterals, however, I heard that they will be opening it up again around Feb. of next year. They are looking to fill 100 positions rumor has it. Reno huh? Keep in mind you could have always transfered from southern command to northern command once a post became available.

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        100 positions really? That makes me feel good. Looks like there's a chance. Which areas are they hurting for?

I heard that they will be opening it up again around Feb. of next year. They are looking to fill 100 positions rumor has it
      Is that for new people going to be hired, or just laterals?
      Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by makomike View Post
        Is that for new people going to be hired, or just laterals?
        Thanks in advance!
        I believe it is for entry level but they may post a lateral position also.

Comment

Is anyone on here in the hiring process?

Comment

Is anyone on here in the hiring process?
            I was recently in the April academy but failed, then took the examination in September n failed he written. So i'll try again when it opens up next year march. why do u ask!?

Comment

Im in the hiring process right now for them.

Comment

Originally posted by nevadavegas1 View Post
                Im in the hiring process right now for them.
                I'm in the hiring process as well, keep us posted as you progress... How far along are you, have you completed the background phase?

Comment

I just passed my oral boards 2 weeks ago so I am waiting to hear about my backgrounds I guess it can take a while. There is an academy in Jan and July so Im thinking that if I do pass the process it will be the July academy. Where are you in the process and if you are further than me what can I expect. Also they mentioned to me that one might be able to be brought on early maybe as a cadet has anyone heard anything about that?
                  I'm in the hiring process as well, keep us posted as you progress... How far along are you, have you completed the background phase?

Comment

I've heard nothing about a cadet situation, I thought cadets were 18 and under...We are in the same boat as I passed my oral board about 4 weeks ago. We will probably be scheduled for the June/July academy because the January academy is full now, according to HR. However I might not have to go through the academy as I am already category 1 post certified. Good luck!!

Comment

I just received an invitation for the physical fitness test this Friday Nov 30.
                      The notice also said calculators will be provided for the written.
                      Question: What kind of math did the test consist of that I would need a calculator for?
                      I really would like to brush up.
                      Is the non-math part of the test anything I can prepare for?
                      Any info would be great.
                      Thank you!

Comment

Well...I checked around and called the recruiter--and he said there was NO math.
                        Strange---why the calculators?
                        Oh well.
                        Anybody else testing this Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by makomike View Post
                          Well...I checked around and called the recruiter--and he said there was NO math.
                          Strange---why the calculators?
                          Oh well.
                          Anybody else testing this Friday?
                          Hey how did you do on the exam?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3557 users online. 235 members and 3322 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X