300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

As we all know, there are alot of agencies in this valley. What are the things that make you glad that you work there and what are the things that make you crazy.

The good is I still have a job in law enforcement. The bad, pretty much everything else about my agency is horrible. I'm just biding my time until other agencies start hiring again.

Comment

@ Indridcold: Do you work for NDOC?! You don't have to answer. I'm being rhetorical. I hope departments are able to safely hire sometime soon. I totally know the feeling of being in a messed up agency and wanting nothing more than to get out. My agency has many good points and a few bad ones. When I started, there were alot of elderly Marshals. Many of them have retired (again) and we have hired quite a few people who are beginning their careers. There are a growing number of mid-career people who are still wanting to be cops. In the past, we have not had great leadership or an actual head of the agency. That is apparently changing as Administration has hired a retired FBI SA to be Director of Court Security. Haven't met him yet, but it is a step in the right direction. The current acting LT at the Regional Justice Center is a retired LAPD officer who has managed to make positive changes in the six months he's been in charge, but with the division being under the direct management of Courts Administration, he can only do so much. Regardless of all the issues with this place, it's a secure job that pays decently, and has weekends & holidays off. The place is improving. It's just going to take some time. I'm not done being a cop and occassionally feel that I would love to find another patrol job, but now is not the time to jump agencies with the economy being the way it is.
      Last edited by Vanguard2279; 06-08-2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4744 users online. 281 members and 4463 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X