300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few More NV DOC Questions?

What is the process to get hired like. I know there is a written test but over how many days does the process take (I'm out of state).

What are the shifts like? I'm guessing 8 hours because from the employee handbook online you guys don't get a lunch break?
    Correctional staff are not authorized meal and/or rest periods.
    I notice both Ely and Tonopah look like they have openings posted on the NV State Job site but not the DOC openings list (http://www.doc.nv.gov/personnel/joblist.php).
    Any insight into those places, they both look like really small little towns (which isn't a bad thing if you ask me, I grewup in smaller towns).

Were is the academy training held and is there housing there?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

The first step if the written exam. If you pass you will be alled for the physical agility exam. If you pass that step you will then fill out background paperwork and then take the written psycholgical exam and also be sceduled to speak to a psychologist. If you pas those steps you will then take a medical exam. Upon passing those steps you will get hired. At this time I believe the Southern and Northern region are not hiring. The only area Hiring is Ely and Tonopah. Those are very small towns. The academy for the southern region is in las vegas and for the northern region Carson City. The academy is 8 weeks long and when you graduate you are Category 3 POST certified. Which basically means you are certified to work in any jail in the State of Nevada whether city, county, or the state level. Although, Metro doesnt accept laterals,so if you decided to ever go county you would have to take the POST 3 academy for Metro all over again. North Las Vegas and Henderson accept laterals from our dept. Any other questions let me know. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks. I sent in my app for both areas.
      The only other question I have is What are the shifts like? I'm guessing 8 hours because from the employee handbook online you guys don't get a lunch break?
      "Correctional staff are not authorized meal and/or rest periods."

Also if I could ask (or you could PM me) what area you at, would you recommend NV DOC?
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

Pm me when you get a chance.

Comment

PM sent...
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6198 users online. 343 members and 5855 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X