300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark County Court Balif

I was thinking about putting in for this. Right now I am willing to take pretty much any law enforcement related job I can find. Any recommendations or info about the position or agency? I am eligible for a POST Cat II cert based on a waiver.

Clark County is currently accepting applications for part-time Bailiff position(s) located within the following courts:

# District Court
    # Las Vegas Justice Court
    # Henderson Justice Court
    # North Las Vegas Justice Court
    # Outlying Justice Court

Education and Experience: Equivalent to graduation from high school; AND Two (2) years of professional full-time experience as a commissioned law enforcement officer, which may include experience as a military or federal police officer or investigator, or experience exercising the powers of a peace officer OR possess a valid Nevada P.O.S.T Category II (or higher) certification, or equivalency to a Nevada P.O.S.T Category II certification. Additional experience in dealing with the public is desirable.

Licensing and Certification: Specified positions may require possession of a valid Nevada Class C Driver's License. Must possess a valid Nevada P.O.S.T Category II (or higher) certification, or agree to satisfactorily complete a valid Nevada P.O.S.T. Category II training program within one (1) year of date of hire. Must possess CPR and first-aid certification. Weapons qualification is required for duty weapon. Failure to satisfactorily complete required training shall be proper cause for termination.

Medical Examination: Employment is contingent upon the results of a physical examination performed by our examining physician.

Pre-Employment Drug Testing: Employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug examination.

Background Investigation: Employment is contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
    The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
    I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
    Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Hey there-
    I can't recommend anything on the agency other than my observations of bailiffs, once during jury duty and once as a witness:
    -Professional demeanor, sharp appearance
    -Well equipped toolbelt
    -Good relationship with other courtroom staff

Cool that you can put in for it with a POST Cat II cert. I'll be eligible for a reciprocity waiver for one of those in a couple weeks upon completing a National Park Service LE academy. Since fed land management jobs are slim in Vegas right now, maybe this would be a fun way in to the field.

Best of luck and keep us updated on your progress.
    DISCLAIMER: On my forum name... a Nat'l Park Service LE position is my goal, not my current role. When I created it, I didn't mean to imply I'm a sworn federal officer. Someday, though!

Graduate of 121st Ranger Academy class @ NPS Seasonal Law Enforcement Training Program, 03/2011 (Santa Rosa, CA)

Comment

Applied a couple days ago upon certainty of passing my academy.

Any response from them yet for you, Mr. Green?
      DISCLAIMER: On my forum name... a Nat'l Park Service LE position is my goal, not my current role. When I created it, I didn't mean to imply I'm a sworn federal officer. Someday, though!

Graduate of 121st Ranger Academy class @ NPS Seasonal Law Enforcement Training Program, 03/2011 (Santa Rosa, CA)

Comment

Nope haven't heard a thing. I wonder if they are waiting till after the announcement closes or something. Good luck NPS LE. What location did you put in for?
        The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

But I'd do him.
        Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

Comment

I checked 3 out of the 5 options. Not Hendo and not "outlying areas" or whatever it was.

Comment

I can't remember what I put in for. Vegas for sure, maybe something else too but IDK.

But I'd do him.

Comment

if it just closed then they will be reviewing all the applications you will receive a test score on your answers if you quilify they will be calling you for an interview. I can tell you this they are short handed. 8 new judges just got voted in once they pick there marshals they will have to open up those spots too. the judges hire there own marshals and once you are hired by a judge you work just for the judge. Right now they are trying to get the county to open more spots. but its a fight with them

If hired you will have to start out at the gates, it kind of sucks but its a start. They are certified p.o's and have full arrest powers.
              There is some things going on with them the LT just "left" so they are looking for a new one, and 2 more marshals just quit.

Not bad of a gig if you can get it and deal with the nuckleheads at the gate. You get weekends and holidays off which is great, but not much ot except for training.

Comment

@oflove13: The County website says it's a continuous recruitment, so who knows when they might start calling applicants. Thanks for all your insight though. Is this job what you do, or did at one point?

@Mr.Green: Do you have a Category I or a Category II P.O.S.T. certification? I'm stuck on how to apply for a Category II, can't find a form anywhere on NV P.O.S.T.'s website...

Also, did you see the other open position, the POST Certified Security Officer? Pays more. I'd put in for it if had my cert lined up... =|

Comment

i work here right now. I know they have the pt open continuous they pick the applications up and review them but not sure how often they do.

Comment

Cast a very broad net. With budgets being squeezed everywhere, the opportunities are certainly not what they use to be. Some departments are still hiring based on federal grants. We have plans to open testing for entry level applicants sometime in June 2011 for roughly ten positions. No hard dates have been set, but updated information will be found on our testing agent's website: www.publicsafetytesting.com when we do finally ramp up.

Comment

I agree with Vancouver. Cast a wide net. There are other states that are economically more stable than Nevada at this time. The Clark County Marshals (Bailiffs) Division is definitely a STABLE job. It's a bit boring and the county did just take 2% of our pay, but they can't afford to lay us off. Good luck in your quest for gainful employment.

Comment

just testing
                        Rosco

Comment

@ganzo: You mean you're in the testing process with the county, or you're testing the forum? If the first one, then congrats!

It looks like the continuous listing for the bailiff isn't on the county website anymore, but they do have a guard position. I was fortunate enough to find a private armed guard position, with FT hours, so I won't be applying for that county one, but good luck to anyone who puts in for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6330 users online. 362 members and 5968 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X