300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What The Difference LVMPD and NLVPD

BOTH HAVE THE SAME BENIFITS ARE THEY BOTH CITY JOBS?? WITCH ONES THE BEST???

http://www.joinnlvpd.com/

Uniformed Patrol

The foundation of law enforcement. Police Officers begin their careers here; some make it a life's work. Many consider it the most exciting aspect of law enforcement for its unpredictable, ever changing nature. Patrol officers interact closely with community members to solve and prevent crimes.

As with any progressive police department, NLVPD assigns more officers to Patrol than any other division. Special assignments within patrol include Motors and the Problem Solving Unit (PSU).

Patrol is the backbone of policing. Officers are the first level of contact with the criminal justice system for victims, suspects, witnesses and the general public. Our officers enjoy a high degree of public support due to the organization's philosophy which allows officers great discretion in the way they patrol their designated beats. Officers are expected to know the public they serve and to employ innovation and imagination in the way they do their jobs.

Salary: $54,684 to $81,123

Benefits:

Shift & Assignment Differential Pay;
    6% Graveyard Shift
    4 % Swing Shift
    8% Special Assignment (PSU, and Department Training Officer)
    Four 10-Hour Days
    Unparalleled Career & Promotional Opportunities
    Paid Academy Training
    Uniform Allowance
    100% City Paid Retirement
    Vacation & Sick Leave
    Maternity / Paternity Leave
    Paid Overtime, Paid One Hour Lunch (on call)
    City Paid Health, Dental, Life & Vision Insurance, Including Family Coverage
    Paid Holidays
    No State Tax
    No Social Security Payments

I think it all boils down to personal preference. IMHO, neither department is any better than the other, but they do have differences. LVMPD wears tan and isn't a pure city police agency - we handle both county and city and have a Sheriff.

Comment

Both are top notch agencies with good and bad points like any dept. LVMPD is bigger so theres more opportunites to promote and do different assignments. NLVPD pays a little bit more to start, but they both top out around the same...

Comment

Seeing that i was an Explorer with LVMPD i guess i could give my view. As an Explorer I had a blast training was fun concerning the Explorer post in preparing us to be LEO and I've always had fun during ride along. I have raised in North Las Vegas Police Department and well have seen them in action, I spent 2 years as an Explorer but i have chosen to work for North Las Vegas hopeful going to the academy in March. Both agencies i have seen back each other up on calls. Again there isn't much of a difference in agencies but pay,size and uniform color. Training, community goals, and all are all the same.

Comment

What ever dept hires you is the best, and seeing NLVPD isn't hiring then it is obvious for now.

Comment

Even though each department has it's pro's and con's the only thing that matters is who's hiring. If you want a LE career right now you don't have the luxury of being picky on which one to test for. Test for all and see what happens. I was lucky enough to get on NLV before the hard times hit. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks For The Info....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4850 users online. 276 members and 4574 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X