300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson PD

Would anyone know when Henderson will be hiring again? I put in an interest card at the beginning of this year and have not heard nothing yet. Has Henderson PD put a freeze on their hiring?
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.

A great many people think they are thinking, when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

Concerning Henderson, I believe they just started an academy. They open their positions up twice and year for the fall/spring academies. I believe they will be opening up Dec/Jan. I'm going through the spring academy hopefully in March for SDRPA then get picked up by North/Henderson.

Comment

Good Luck! Also, I've been hearing that Henderson is kind of picky when it comes to hiring. Are they picky due to if you have not lived here long enough to know the streets or if you don't know anyone within the Dept? What is your input on this?
      You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.

A great many people think they are thinking, when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

Comment

Well in my opinion now a day, no agency should be picky when it comes down to things like that. I was born in Las Vegas raised in North and have been in and out of Henderson and still dont really know my way around like that. If that be the case whats the point of FTO's teaching newbies their sector or beat. It helps to know people within the department but still if you meet the qualifications then there shouldn't be any problems. I m going for my post certification then applying to both Henderson and North Las Vegas. Thus i really wouldn't have to wait for them to open up their position then test then go through the process again.

But again Police Departments and Sheriffs alike are in need of police officers and in again my opinion i don't think because you don't know the location right away that they wouldn't even consider you. Hey thats why they have Field Training.

Comment

Originally posted by arianna View Post
          Would anyone know when Henderson will be hiring again? I put in an interest card at the beginning of this year and have not heard nothing yet. Has Henderson PD put a freeze on their hiring?
          It's going to be a while. They have a list of people waiting to get into the academy (including myself). They are waiting on some money from this "stimulus package" that we've all be hearing about, but nothing has happened yet. IF that money ever shows up, who knows. But for now, they are jammed with applicants that are waiting to start.

It's a great department. I've been very impressed with all of the people I've come in contact with. The BI's are great! I'd feel pretty lucky if I was one of the few to get picked up.

Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2886 users online. 157 members and 2729 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X