300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any truth behind this? LVMPD Question

In a years time is LVMPD going to require an AA (Associates in Arts Degree) before one could even test for the department?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, just trying to see if there is any truth behind what I heard today.
    Last edited by djblank87; 02-27-2009, 05:34 AM.

CrossFit

RossTraining

well..where exactly did you heard this from?

Comment

Originally posted by NextCapCop View Post
      well..where exactly did you heard this from?
      I will wait till an LVMPD officer answers, it's not a super secret thing I just want to hear what they say first.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I haven't heard anything about that, but that isn't to say it isn't true. Last time I checked though, the lowest position that you needed a degree for now is Lieutenant, and that is an AA degree, with Captain having a BA required.

Comment

Originally posted by crazynova View Post
          I haven't heard anything about that, but that isn't to say it isn't true. Last time I checked though, the lowest position that you needed a degree for now is Lieutenant, and that is an AA degree, with Captain having a BA required.
          That's what I herd also when I went through the citizens academy, a friend of my sisters was telling me that they are going to implement the AA degree within the year. I was telling him I may test again soon so he was giving me advice and brought that up, yes he is an LVMPD officer. He is a bit of a joker so that's why I asked you guys if you have heard about it.

Thanks crazy nova.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Nope. the AA is for Lt.

Comment

There is no requirement of a college degree to get hired on LVMPD. You need a GED/High School diploma.

Comment

Thanks guys......

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4636 users online. 315 members and 4321 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X