Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to hi

Hey Everyone,
    After getting out of the Marine Corp. I have done a lot of thinking about what I want to do, and it has come down to police officer. I have done tons of research on departments all over the country. I highly enjoy the west, but live in PA right now. I narrowed it down to LVMPD and LAPD and think I really like what I am reading about LVMPD and there reputation. Im trying to get my life figured out and if I should do the out of state testing, or move to LV before I start this process with the fiance and dog. Hope to get a lot more information.

Thanks,
    Cody

Do yourself a favor and apply for LVMPD, nothing to say bad about LAPD at all, but LVMPD is awesome.

I think the out of state testing takes about 3 trips, I may be wrong though. But it is well worth it. This coming from a veteran as well who separated and got on with LVMPD.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the response.

I was going to ask, you dont have any information on NV inspection laws for vehicles do you?

Im a jeep guy, so i like to know those.

Comment

Hey Saraicon, check out this link:

http://leg.state.nv.us/NRS/Index.cfm

Pay special attention to Title 43, specifically NRS chapters 482-484. Hope this helps. You may also want to check out Clark County Code. If that fails, call DMV, they maintain the smog inspection stations.

Semper Fi.
        Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

The highway patrol (or former) guys always have an answer on hand for vehicle/traffic laws.

Comment

We don't have vehicle inspections, just annual smog checks.

Comment

Quick question, does LVMPD frown on people who are in the reserves?

Comment

Originally posted by woettinger View Post
                We don't have vehicle inspections, just annual smog checks.
                .....which depending on the vehicle you drive can be a huge pain in the neck and sometimes worse than regular inspections.

I know we really can't complain because CA is so much tougher than we are but back east, this is one of the things that were much easier than out here.

I have absolutely no trouble with my truck or girlfriend's car (both stock), but good luck with a modified vehicle or high end sports car... It took about a dozen places to finally find someone that was able to get it done....
                The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                  Quick question, does LVMPD frown on people who are in the reserves?
                  No, you get 30 days of military leave a year

Comment

No, you get 30 days of military leave a year
                    I believe they also approve more if a deployment comes up as well, but you lose that time in seniority or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by crazynova View Post
                      I believe they also approve more if a deployment comes up as well, but you lose that time in seniority or something along those lines.

If a reservist is recalled to active duty and exhausts thier military leave, the department will make up the difference in pay, there is no lost time

Comment

If a reservist is recalled to active duty and exhausts thier military leave, the department will make up the difference in pay, there is no lost time
                        I see now. Here is an excerpt from the LVPPACE agreement, which I assume is similar to the LVPPA agreement:

"Any employee who is called to active duty by the President of the United States to serve in a national or international deployment of the United States Armed Forces shall be granted leave and pay as prescribed by Federal law. In addition, an employee who is called to active duty by the President of the United States to serve in a national or international deployment of the United States Armed Forces shall suffer no loss of benefits. The Department will supplement the employee's military pay to ensure their gross pay is equal to his/her regular pay. The employee's pay will be adjusted whenever normal increases occur to his/her salary."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5634 users online. 318 members and 5316 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X