300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myspace Concerns

I've heard this being spoken about before concerning myspace.

I have a myspace and it is basic
    I talk God and the fact that i have picture supporting many police agencies.
    again Basic !!

Is this something that i sud be concerned about ? will that disquilify me....

if seeing would help you answer the question i can give my screen name ?

Don't post call specific details. Don't put up pictures of your guns or talk about how you screwed up some maggot that wanted to fight. Don't EVER put the name of your agency or other officer's on there.

I have a Myspace, and it's just for keeping in touch with my friends and family that are all over the place. Most police administrators understand that, and as long as you don't paint a picture of yourself as a gunslinger or child molester you should be fine.

And NEVER EVER post anything specific to your agency or a case you're working.
    "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly. -Teddy Roosevelt"

Comment

And don't post yourself drinking champaign, holding money, claiming to be an officer, with gangster rap playing in the background. Not a good thing.
      People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

Exactly like mentioned above! There's always "that one guy" though. Dont be "that guy".

Comment

One more thing - make it so only your friends can see it, and choose your friends carefully. I only have a few friends and nothing about my agency on there.

Comment

Set up your account so only friends can view it..Also I would not put any pictures of yourself in uniform or even indicate that you are in anyway involved in police work. It is much better to play it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5722
              fyi the original poster is an explorer with the department, not a sworn officer.
              And he is in the hiring process it looks like. Where is there an issue?

Comment

The Original Poster of this form WAS an Explorer....and IS in the testing process...PLZ PLZ PLZ understand not a SWORN officer...I havent earned that yet.... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by NLVPD View Post
                  The Original Poster of this form WAS an Explorer....and IS in the testing process...PLZ PLZ PLZ understand not a SWORN officer...I havent earned that yet.... ;-)
                  We all understand, but it seems like some members of this board have poor opinions of explorers, even though it is a good program that helps recruit future officers and keep at least some kids clean through thier teens.

Comment

Well that doesnt apply to me because i wasnt an Explorer to be liked by other officer from Metro or any other agency for that matter....all i know is that one day we are all going to be wearing the same exact uniform and all will be very familar with what it means to get a badge. Learning and knowing the same things and Enforcing the same laws...and thats all thats to it so if officers and or recruits whom ever you are dont like Explorer all i can say is....Sorry....just know that this Past Explorer will be right there to back you and anybody else up on any call and take a bullet for you, any and all 444's and Code Reds---i will be there.....For you.... so hate on....I dont care and take this how ever you want i dont mean no disrespect but i stand up for whats right....dont make since to dislike people from which the same place and agency you work for. I was Proud to a an Explorer and Proud of the Metro Officers. Instead of Discourage, Encourage them cause their not on the streets acting crazy.
                    Last edited by NLVPD; 09-18-2008, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Sadly, many explorers are not making it through the process. There are a FEW explorers (NLVPD: You may be one of them) who actually behave. Most of them are out on the streets thinking they are actual POs and have that "I'm above the law" attitude. The explorer program is awesome and the ones who stay dedicated and stay focused actually succeed, but again, their aren't many.

Comment

I humbly agree....

Comment

The Explorer program is excellent; I spent five years in it. That being said, I believe Explorers that succeed in life will do so without the post, and failures will fail with or without it.

I'm not a sworn officer yet, but I have seen Explorers that will one day become great officers if they choose to follow this path. On the other hand, I've seen Explorers that will probably have a lengthy criminal record someday.
                          Last edited by C0d3 thr33; 09-20-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6040 users online. 363 members and 5677 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X