X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazynova
    replied
    Originally posted by Counter-Strike View Post
    Just about everything north of Cheyenne and west of Tenaya seemed pretty upscale compared to what I am used to but like I said, anything north of Lake Mead Blvd and west of Rainbow would be acceptable for me. Has anyone had any decidedly good or bad experiences with specific complexes up there? I've heard a lot of good things about The Boulders, and it seemed nice when I looked at it; however, I think it will be a bit out of my price range right when I move. I liked Camden Bel Air a lot, too. If I can't find a rental house, condo, townhouse, etc., in my price range, I think I'll be going with one of those. Opinions?
    Shadow Hills is a bit cheaper, and really nice as well. Actually, if you look there and like it, shoot me a PM for more info.

Leave a comment:

• Counter-Strike
    replied
    Originally posted by crazynova View Post
    I know, I just had a briefing from robbery the other day, its pretty even spread across the valley. I just don't know the eastside though, so it isn't appealing to me. I'm getting ready to move into an apartment right near NWAC though, since its a really nice area immediately northwest of there.
    Just about everything north of Cheyenne and west of Tenaya seemed pretty upscale compared to what I am used to but like I said, anything north of Lake Mead Blvd and west of Rainbow would be acceptable for me. Has anyone had any decidedly good or bad experiences with specific complexes up there? I've heard a lot of good things about The Boulders, and it seemed nice when I looked at it; however, I think it will be a bit out of my price range right when I move. I liked Camden Bel Air a lot, too. If I can't find a rental house, condo, townhouse, etc., in my price range, I think I'll be going with one of those. Opinions?

Leave a comment:

• BigTrooper
    replied
    One of my college instructors, who was a Major then a voluntary Captain with Metro, lived in a rental just before she retired and moved. She didn't seem to have too many problems, but then again she had some inside information.

Leave a comment:

• crazynova
    replied
    I know, I just had a briefing from robbery the other day, its pretty even spread across the valley. I just don't know the eastside though, so it isn't appealing to me. I'm getting ready to move into an apartment right near NWAC though, since its a really nice area immediately northwest of there.

Leave a comment:

• woettinger
    replied
    the entire eastside is not appealing to live in. The southwest is also pretty nice as well.
    Must not come through the eastside much....
    G4/G5 east of Sloan
    F2 South of Lake Mead, East of Sloan

This doesn't take in account SEAC.
    There are decent neighborhoods all over the valley, just take time and look.
    Every neighborhood will have its ****heads, plus I heard it is more desirable for the ****heads to get their section 8 vouchers and live in Summerlin.

Here are the Robbery and Burglary numbers for the last 60 days:

NEAC
    440 Burglaries
    95 Robberies
    535 Total

BAC

317 Burglaries
    73 Robberies
    390 Total

DTAC

134 Burglaries
    78 Robberies
    212 Total

NWAC

440 Burglaries
    75 Robberies
    515 Total

SCAC

276 Burglaries
    111 Robberies
    387 Total

SEAC

398 Burglaries
    96 Robberies
    494 Total

SWAC

464 Burglaries
    81 Robberies
    545 Total
    Last edited by woettinger; 09-15-2008, 12:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Counter-Strike
    replied
    I looked at the CrimeView tool on LVMPD.com. It seemed like the northwest or southwest would be my best bet. Since the academy takes place in the northwest and northeast, I think I'd better stick to the northwest as originally planned.

Leave a comment:

• crazynova
    replied
    My general rule of thumb for Las Vegas is that the closer you get to the Strip, the worse it gets. That doesnt hold true for the east side though, since IMO, the entire eastside is not appealing to live in. The southwest is also pretty nice as well.

Leave a comment:

• Counter-Strike
    replied
    Originally posted by TOMahawk417 View Post
    Check out craigslist. I found a bunch of nice houses for rent in Vegas that would be decent if you split with a roomate.
    I'm a little wary of using Craigslist. I've dealt with one or two shady characters while trying to sell a guitar on it so I can't imagine the people I would deal with when trying to find a house!

Originally posted by MRRBEST View Post
    +1 for craigslist
    Also the following site, don't be too surprised by the web address haha http://www.lasvegashomes4rent.com
    Lastly, this address: http://www.rentals.com/Nevada/Las-Vegas

Good luck.
    My advice, goto www.LVMPD.com and click on crimeview in the top left corner. Check the address and area's crime stats to get a rough idea from that.
    Plus, actually check the area for yourself, in person, obviously if you can.
    Typically you get what you pay for....
    Thanks for those links. I will definitely check those out. As far as the area to live in, I'm 99% sure I want to live in the Northwest (i.e. west of Rainbow and north of Lake Mead Blvd). I've checked out apartments in that area and they, and the whole area in general, seem nice. Also, my aunt used to live up there and she liked it a lot. Now she lives closer to the strip and wishes she hadn't moved.

Be careful for Craigslist though. They have a fraud deal going around where someone will post someone else's house, ask for you to send them money or give them money and then say to pick up the key at the house, where it isnt there and the owner is usually pretty confused. They are pretty easy to weed out though.
    My thoughts exactly...

Leave a comment:

• DCPSDcop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crazynova
    replied
    Be careful for Craigslist though. They have a fraud deal going around where someone will post someone else's house, ask for you to send them money or give them money and then say to pick up the key at the house, where it isnt there and the owner is usually pretty confused. They are pretty easy to weed out though.

Leave a comment:

• MRRBEST
    replied
    +1 for craigslist
    Also the following site, don't be too surprised by the web address haha http://www.lasvegashomes4rent.com
    Lastly, this address: http://www.rentals.com/Nevada/Las-Vegas

Good luck.
    My advice, goto www.LVMPD.com and click on crimeview in the top left corner. Check the address and area's crime stats to get a rough idea from that.
    Plus, actually check the area for yourself, in person, obviously if you can.
    Typically you get what you pay for....

Leave a comment:

• TOMahawk417
    replied
    Check out craigslist. I found a bunch of nice houses for rent in Vegas that would be decent if you split with a roomate.

Leave a comment:

• Lawseeker
    replied
    While I was a homeowner out there and did not rent, I would suggest going through a realtor. With the abundance of homes for sale, no doubt plenty would be for rent and the homeowners generally give the realtor commission. It might save you a headache of searching yourself. The plus is, you can give the realtor your specs. on what you want and see what they can find for you. Let them do the work.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Counter-Strike
    started a topic LV Rental Housing

LV Rental Housing

I've searched through posts and I can't quite seem to find the definitive answers for which I'm looking. I will be coming out to LV again soon to do the LVMPD medical and I wanted to look at some rental houses while I'm out there. I've already looked at apartments but I wasn't thoroughly impressed after considering the prices. Have any of you had any good experiences finding rental houses, condos, or townhouses in Las Vegas? If so, please share what steps you took, how you found the houses (online, a realtor, whatever it may be), and any other advice. At this point, I would really rather rent a house for a while instead of living in an apartment.
    Last edited by Counter-Strike; 09-13-2008, 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4826 users online. 264 members and 4562 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X