300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVMPD Patrol Services Rep (PSR)

Any current Metro Officers, or PSR's able to tell me what exactly the PSR does? I had someone tell me, but they didn't know exactly what they do.

The description says must be over 21 and "other non hazardous duties" Is it like a cadet but with more duties? Or is it more of a desk job (hope not)

Reason I'm asking is I tested for this position back on Sept 3, passed and went on to the oral board, I'm just waiting to here back on how I did with that, I'd like some insight as to what to expect.

a PSR is a grown up cadet.

Comment

I had to call LVMPD a few times when I was a supervisor for a security company in very ritzy part of town. PSR's were sent out due to the nature of the call. They told me they were report taker's/writers and handled simple paper calls.

I know they do more than that but that is what I was told a few years ago. They carried cuffs, OC, radio and drove unmakred white, Ford Crown Vic's. One time they came out for a 406 that was called in by the home owner. The residence was clear so they sent out two PSR's to take the report and one did fingerprints on the main door.

So I believe they do fingerprints also.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
        I had to call LVMPD a few times when I was a supervisor for a security company in very ritzy part of town. PSR's were sent out due to the nature of the call. They told me they were report taker's/writers and handled simple paper calls.
        Yup thats about it...

I know they do more than that but that is what I was told a few years ago. They carried cuffs, OC, radio and drove unmakred white, Ford Crown Vic's.
        No cuffs..

One time they came out for a 406 that was called in by the home owner. The residence was clear so they sent out two PSR's to take the report and one did fingerprints on the main door.

So I believe they do fingerprints also.
        They can do basic crime scene processing, ie photos and dust for prints...

Comment

Pretty much older Cadets that don't go into the police academy after a little while, like has been said.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5838 users online. 317 members and 5521 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X