Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tested June 10, 2008 for LVMPD

Hi!
    Is there anyone who tested On June 10th registered here? I am still awaiting for my results from Thursday Hiring board meeting. Hopefully the candidate management team will call soon. Just wanted to know the status of everyone else.. Well I guess its just a waiting game now and I have to be patient
    Last edited by Roxy82; 09-10-2008, 05:21 PM.

So I just received the call today! I am scheduled for October 14th Academy!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Good luck! I start tomorrow!

Comment

Evolved, if you don't mind me asking, in which month did you test?

Comment

Evolved, Good luck to you as well!!
            Last edited by Roxy82; 09-10-2008, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy82 View Post
              Evolved, Good luck to you as well!! If you don't mind let me know how it goes.
              I doubt he will be able to. I am under the impression that recruits are generally HIGHLY discouraged from posting on any internet forums while in the academy. That is only hearsay though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by crazynova View Post
                I doubt he will be able to. I am under the impression that recruits are generally HIGHLY discouraged from posting on any internet forums while in the academy. That is only hearsay though, so take it with a grain of salt.
                I was under that impression, too. Even if they're not highly discouraged from doing it, it is still probably a bad idea. I couldn't help my curiosity, though.

Comment

^^ i did it, i never read anywhere in any thing in my handbook or policy manual that said i could not participate in an online forum.

Comment

Oh sorry didn't know thanks for the heads up.

Comment

The current academy Sgt highly discourages posting on any internet forums or websites where you are representing yourself as a police recruit with Metro.

When I went through I was under the impression that this was to keep you from talking with any other current, future, or past recruits while you are in the academy. Doing so could get you fired.
                      Last edited by FutureTrooper28; 09-10-2008, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steexz View Post
                        ^^ i did it, i never read anywhere in any thing in my handbook or policy manual that said i could not participate in an online forum.
                        Same here, but on a very minimal scale.

Here's a heads up....
                        People who posted on myspace, facebook, forums, etc often either had something discussed or showed. We will all never forget going through a presentation and then skipping to the next slide and who do you see, someone's myspace photo of a closeup of them

It was very funny, probably not to that person though, needless to say, I think most, if not all immediately removed any myspace/facebook accounts.

When I went through, I don't think I even had the time to post much. Between academics and PT, and just trying to get whatever sleep I could. There were a few nights where you were lucky if you even got 4 hours of sleep.... Who knows how it is now though with all the changes....
                        The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

When I eventually go through, I will probably keep my Myspace/Facebook, but minimize them down to nothing (no pictures or info) and keep them private.

I was going to come say think Oct.

Comment

I can personally account for all the new changes myself but I dare not share them here with all the newbies. I figure I'll save all the fun and excitement for them to find out on their own. Seriously though, you guys are making the best decision of your life going with LVMPD. Good luck to all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3048 users online. 150 members and 2898 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X