NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Im a FL LEO going to Vegas for vacation... LVMPD please read.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MidniteCop
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2005

Im a FL LEO going to Vegas for vacation... LVMPD please read.

Hey guys. I'm an LEO from Florida and I'm heading to Vegas in mid October. Can you guys recommend a good but cheap place to stay? Also, maybe places to avoid staying? I have never been out there before. Thanks and stay safe guys.
  • crazynova
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2008

Anywhere south of Sahara on the Strip is decent, except Circus Circus. I would avoid staying Downtown if you could, but thats just my opinion. As for areas to avoid going while you are here - the area between the Strip and Downtown, especially at night. Also, keep very clear of the area immediately east of Paradise, which is east of the Strip.

Comment

• BigTrooper
      I'm your huckleberry
      • Jun 2008

The hotel prices are kind of crazy too. On Sunday-Thrusday, you could be paying like $29/night, where on Friday and Saturday you could pay $199/night for the same room. Book in advance and ask for specials and such.
      Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

• woettinger
        Going Code 5
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by MidniteCop
        Hey guys. I'm an LEO from Florida and I'm heading to Vegas in mid October. Can you guys recommend a good but cheap place to stay? Also, maybe places to avoid staying? I have never been out there before. Thanks and stay safe guys.
        Cheap doesn't exist on the strip any more. The more inexpensive will be the Sahara, Rivera,Excalibur and Luxor. If you want off strip goto Eastside Cannery (just opened) Sam's Town, Boulder or Sunset Station.

Downtown can be cheap.. but you also get all of the "other problems". Golden Nugget, Four Queens Or the Fitzgeralds,

Comment

• Counter-Strike
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2006

I'm not LVMPD but I've been out there twice in the last few months. Both times I stayed at The Orleans. It is a 5 minute drive from the strip, it is clean, the rooms are huge, the pool is gorgeous, and during the week it is $47 a night. Even on the weekends I want to say it is no more than $60 a night. Good luck!

Comment

• VegasEgo
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2007

I work for the Luxor, im not LEO yet, so f u come and book at the Luxor LMK i can get you a upgrade...

Comment

• Raptor0206
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by VegasEgo
              I work for the Luxor, im not LEO yet, so f u come and book at the Luxor LMK i can get you a upgrade...
              where were you 2 months ago when we stayed there??? anyways it kinda sucked because of how they are redoing the inside but we still paid the grand price of 180 a night for the week

Comment

• Arewethereyet
                U.S. Coast Guard
                • Jun 2007

180???? Holy crap!

Comment

• VegasMetro
                  Go Army!
                  • Dec 2004

Try staying at a Disneyland Hotel...$180 is nothing....

Comment

• jimlv
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2007

i second the orleans. before i moved to vegas i always stayed at the orleans. whenever my mom comes to town she stays there too. good prices, food, ent. and right by the strip..

Comment

• BigTrooper
                      I'm your huckleberry
                      • Jun 2008

I have stayed at the Sunset Station a bunch of times, very nice. I have also stayed at Sam's Town, that was great. For some reason, mostly elderly people there. You pretty much have the place to yourself after 8:00 P.M.
                      Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

• VegasEgo
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2007

Haha I was lurking around here. Well our rooms are 60 a night right now... so you can imagine the type of people that come through our doors.

Originally posted by Raptor0206
                        where were you 2 months ago when we stayed there??? anyways it kinda sucked because of how they are redoing the inside but we still paid the grand price of 180 a night for the week

Comment

• Raptor0206
                          Forum Member
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by VegasEgo
                          Haha I was lurking around here. Well our rooms are 60 a night right now... so you can imagine the type of people that come through our doors.
                          Now thats stupid.....we split it 4 ways though...

Comment

• dispatcher911
                            Forum Member
                            • Aug 2008

I put my vote in for Orleans also. It is nice and close to the strip. Plus, if you want to see the REAL Vegas, step out onto Arville after dark.

Comment

• crazynova
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by dispatcher911
                              I put my vote in for Orleans also. It is nice and close to the strip. Plus, if you want to see the REAL Vegas, step out onto Arville after dark.
                              Trying to get someone robbed? Cambridge and Swenson is also a really nice area at night.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21017 users online. 61 members and 20956 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...