300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevada Poll

Just curious to see where everyone wants to work. You can pick more than one.

My first poll! WOOHOO!
    Metro (LVMPD)
    55.10%
    Northtown (NLVPD)
    14.29%
    DPS
    18.37%
    Other agency
    12.24%
    Last edited by BigTrooper; 08-28-2008, 08:57 PM.
    Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Ok, I voted...

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Ok I voted!
      Nevada Highway Patrol/Department of Public Safety
      Application submited-8/15/2008
      Application verified-8/22/2008
      Physical/Written-9/30/2008/ Passed Both
      Oral interview-10/14/2008

Comment

24 votes so far and counting. Metro has the lead by a nose. Actually by half a body.

Anyone have any updates on their progress?
        Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

Sure, here is my update, I tested with Nye County Sheriff's office yesterday 8/30/2008. I passed the physical, written and took the oral board. They will call in October and advise me of where I am on the list; they are trying to hire 15-17 new deputies in this batch of applicants. Reserve officers are unlimited at this time and they are will be taking on more than 20 of them.

Here is the kicker BT, your going to love this, they city council had to vote on whether or not to approve the 17 deputies positions. They missed getting approved by one city council member. Now, according to the deputy I spoke with yesterday there was an ethics complaint filed against this one city council member and they will be re-voting next month.

Small town politics, I believe you warned me about them BT. Anyhow, I was surprised to NCSO driving a few dodge chargers as patrol vehicles, they looked pretty damn clean.

O' yeah and as of today I'm still in backgrounds with DPS.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
            Sure, here is my update, I tested with Nye County Sheriff's office yesterday 8/30/2008. I passed the physical, written and took the oral board. They will call in October and advise me of where I am on the list; they are trying to hire 15-17 new deputies in this batch of applicants. Reserve officers are unlimited at this time and they are will be taking on more than 20 of them.

Here is the kicker BT, your going to love this, they city council had to vote on whether or not to approve the 17 deputies positions. They missed getting approved by one city council member. Now, according to the deputy I spoke with yesterday there was an ethics complaint filed against this one city council member and they will be re-voting next month.

Small town politics, I believe you warned me about them BT. Anyhow, I was surprised to NCSO driving a few dodge chargers as patrol vehicles, they looked pretty damn clean.

O' yeah and as of today I'm still in backgrounds with DPS.
            Well done dj, now the funnest part - the wait. I did warn you about them, because they are prevelant in every small town in Nevada. Hopefully they don't get in the way. The city council can sure be a pain in the backside, I am quite happy I never worked for/with one.

Keep us up to date on your stuff, inquiring minds want to know...

Comment

Myself, if I had the opportunity to move back I would love to work for the Reno Police Department or the Washoe County Sheriff's Department.

Comment

I didn't chose enough entries for the other departments. If you guys that pick DPS or Other Agency, leave a note of what division or department you would pick.

Comment

Ny primary goal is to work for a "traditional" LE agency so Metro is probably my first choice. I also selected DPS but would likely only consider NHP.
                  Last edited by RM2441; 08-31-2008, 01:45 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I am very happy with Metro and cannot wait to become an officer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6807 users online. 360 members and 6447 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X