X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazynova
    replied
    Originally posted by VegasMetro View Post
    LVMPD did accept laterals at one time, this was about 5 years ago. The academy even modified the academy training to accommodate the laterals. It stopped after the high attrition rate. Basically, a majority of laterals did not want to commit to the standards the academy has, especially after being a LEO from another agency, so it stopped. I think only 2-3 classes graduated. Each class was relatively small, no more than 10 recruits. LVMPD was not getting a return on their investment in the program.
    Off topic, but I saw a Black F150 driving on the 95 with a sticker of your avatar the other day. I thought it was kind of interesting.

Edit: After a quick bit of research, I guess he was also in the first armored division at some point.

Leave a comment:

• BigTrooper
    replied
    Makes good sense. Kinda stupid to reinforce failure.

Leave a comment:

• VegasMetro
    replied
    LVMPD did accept laterals at one time, this was about 5 years ago. The academy even modified the academy training to accommodate the laterals. It stopped after the high attrition rate. Basically, a majority of laterals did not want to commit to the standards the academy has, especially after being a LEO from another agency, so it stopped. I think only 2-3 classes graduated. Each class was relatively small, no more than 10 recruits. LVMPD was not getting a return on their investment in the program.

Leave a comment:

• BigTrooper
    replied
    Didn't you used to accept laterals? A bunch of my academy mates took advantage a few years back, if I am not mistaken. I even thought about it myself.

Leave a comment:

• VegasMetro
    replied
    Sorry, no lateral transfers here at LVMPD

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic LVMPD....Lateral Transfer?

LVMPD....Lateral Transfer?

I was wondering if the LVMPD offers lateral transfers for out of state officers? If so, how many years do you have to work out of state to qualify?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3525 users online. 195 members and 3330 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X