300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVMPD....Lateral Transfer?

I was wondering if the LVMPD offers lateral transfers for out of state officers? If so, how many years do you have to work out of state to qualify?

Sorry, no lateral transfers here at LVMPD

Comment

Didn't you used to accept laterals? A bunch of my academy mates took advantage a few years back, if I am not mistaken. I even thought about it myself.
      Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

LVMPD did accept laterals at one time, this was about 5 years ago. The academy even modified the academy training to accommodate the laterals. It stopped after the high attrition rate. Basically, a majority of laterals did not want to commit to the standards the academy has, especially after being a LEO from another agency, so it stopped. I think only 2-3 classes graduated. Each class was relatively small, no more than 10 recruits. LVMPD was not getting a return on their investment in the program.

Comment

Makes good sense. Kinda stupid to reinforce failure.
          Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMetro View Post
            LVMPD did accept laterals at one time, this was about 5 years ago. The academy even modified the academy training to accommodate the laterals. It stopped after the high attrition rate. Basically, a majority of laterals did not want to commit to the standards the academy has, especially after being a LEO from another agency, so it stopped. I think only 2-3 classes graduated. Each class was relatively small, no more than 10 recruits. LVMPD was not getting a return on their investment in the program.
            Off topic, but I saw a Black F150 driving on the 95 with a sticker of your avatar the other day. I thought it was kind of interesting.

Edit: After a quick bit of research, I guess he was also in the first armored division at some point.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5869 users online. 320 members and 5549 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X