300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lander County Sheriff's Office

Does anyone have info, comments and opinions on the Lander County Sheriff's Office? I am thinking of applying? Thanks for your replies.

My initial posting with NHP was in Eureka, which is right next door to Austin in Lander county. They had a couple of resident Deputies there, but the jail was in Battle Mountain, which is about 92 miles north of Austin on SR 305 (or was is 306?). Austin is a tiny little town on US 50. There is also the town of Hadley (Round Mountain), Kingston, and some ranches out there. Not much happens.

I worked with the Austin Deputies quite a bit. They were good dudes. I don't think they pay very well at all. In Battle Mountain, the SO takes care of the town because there is no PD.

A few years back, the Lander County Sheriff (Cranovich) was arrested, tried, convicted, and imprisoned for embezzlement, among other things. Not sure the reputation has fully recovered. They do have a pretty new jail in Battle Mountain (about 6 years old), which is good.

Not long ago, Battle Mountain was voted the "Armpit of America" by a passing reporter. It is actually on a couple of billboard on I80.
    Gimme a Diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper, and make it snappy - I'm in a gotd**n hurry!

Comment

You should try Lyon or Douglas County. Two great agencies up North. Pay is good as well. I believe Reno PD is hiring and also Washoe. I dont know much up uch about Lander. Isnt that where Battle Mountain is?

Comment

Anyone here applied recently?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6366 users online. 344 members and 6022 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X