300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLVPD and Henderson

I am interested in NLVPD and Henderson PD. I was told by NLVPD if I test in Oct and make it, I would be going to the Academy in Feb or March. I see that Henderson is not testing again until Jan. Does anyone know when their recruits would start Academy? I know that NLVPD and Henderson send their recruits to the same Academy at SDRPA. It wouldn't be in time for the Feb/March class, I would guess.... But would they run the Academy for just NLVPD or postpone until Henderson's recruits are ready? Or maybe Henderson already has people waiting from a previous test? Does anyone know how this works?
    Thanks.

NLV seems to be hiring enough for while to fill up entire academy classes. They are hiring 140 officers in the next or so, while I don't think Henderson PD really has a need for new officers.

Comment

It may be wrong but i was told that henderson already had people that tested and they are waiting for the next academy which may be that Feb or March.

Comment

I was just on Hendersons website, looks like there gonna be testing again in January 09. I was talking to one of my partners today, he said they werent accepting laterals......hmmmm thats kinda weird. I would think you'd want someone with expierience and a certification, over a new recruit. Does anyone know if thats true or not?

Comment

Originally posted by pd821 View Post
          I was just on Hendersons website, looks like there gonna be testing again in January 09. I was talking to one of my partners today, he said they werent accepting laterals......hmmmm thats kinda weird. I would think you'd want someone with expierience and a certification, over a new recruit. Does anyone know if thats true or not?
          Not sure if its true or not but as far as wanting a new recruit versus someone with experience and certification.... its tough.... You can train a new recruit to learn your habits, traits, policies, procedures, etc your way, the first time, instead of having to break former habits, traits.......etc etc etc and change their ways so to speak...
          The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

Henderson Lateral Transfer

To answer the lateral question, no they don't accept laterals. I mean you can apply and go through the whole academy process like everyone else, but they do not have a shortened lateral academy. I applied and went through the testing process and when I got the tentative offer, I was told there was no consideration for prior experience or other academies.
            "No you got the wrong number, this is 91.....2"

Comment

As of Aug 15,2008 Henderson is Now accepting Applications now, i guess they are having an academy starting in Jan. But the Web site clearly Says they are taking applications.

Comment

HPD had a test a few months ago. We were told they were hiring for the October 2008 and January 2009 off that list. The January 2009 test will most likely be used for the June 2009 academy.

I don't see the academy being delayed for one agency. HPD and NLVPD run the academy as a joint venture but it serves well over 20 agencies. If HPD or NLVPD were not putting recruits in, they would still have enough to run a class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4435 users online. 256 members and 4179 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X