300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL Officer looking to move

Hello everyone. I am a LEO in FL. I am going to be applying to Omaha PD this application period. I was wondering if anyone knows about my FL certification being reciprocated in NE. I looked at the state law and it says that they review it on a case by case basis. Apparently once it is approved I would just have to take a cross-over course to get my NE certification. Our academy is 760 hours. Just looking for any additional info. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Originally posted by Apopka57 View Post
    Hello everyone. I am a LEO in FL. I am going to be applying to Omaha PD this application period. I was wondering if anyone knows about my FL certification being reciprocated in NE. I looked at the state law and it says that they review it on a case by case basis. Apparently once it is approved I would just have to take a cross-over course to get my NE certification. Our academy is 760 hours. Just looking for any additional info. Thanks in advance for any replies.
    OPD has their own academy, but the training is certified through the
    Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center. This link should help you
    regarding your question:

http://www.nletc.state.ne.us/reciprocity.html

Comment

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what made you want to make the change to Nebraska from Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by jpoe20 View Post
        Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what made you want to make the change to Nebraska from Florida?
        You beat me to it! Why the heck Nebraska from Florida? You might not pass the psychological just for that!

Comment

Last time I tested for OPD the guy to my left was a Virginia Beach cop and the guy to my right was a Honalulu cop. When they said they were having a lateral class these two had to ask if their academy was acceptable. OPD checked into it. However, I did not hear what became of it. I don't see why they won't. Omaha has their own academy but, it has to meet the state academy requirements. Then they add their own stuff on top. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. OPD pays more in 5 years than most depts here in FL pay in 20. I would gladly give up the FL sun to be paid more. Besides, Omaha is like 25% cheaper to live in. I wont even mention about how much less the houses cost there. It would be a change though. FL was ranked as the 8th most dangerous state in the US. We actually ranked above California. It would be nice though moving to another metropolitan area.

Comment

I was going to say, it wouldn't be as exciting, but from what you described about the pay, I guess that it might be worth it yet. How many years on in FL do you have?
              "All statements made shall be protected by the First Ammendment to the U.S. Constitution in which I have sworn an oath to protect."

Just don't expect me to agree with yours...

Comment

I've been an LEO for 3 years this July. I definitely don't mind re-doing the academy if OPD pays me while I go through.
                In a way, going through the academy there would better equip me for working in NE as opposed to FL. My application is filled out and is being sent in tomorrow. I don't suppose you know if there's any way possible to minimize my trips to NE from FL during the selection process.

Comment

For convenience, they will schedule your written test, physical agility, and video test all together. Then, they will probably do your background and polygraph together. They will do the best they can, but it is a LONG process. Our lateral class has to have a minimum of two years..Ithink...to go lateral, but the academy is all paid, and in Omaha, so either way it's not bad.
                  "All statements made shall be protected by the First Ammendment to the U.S. Constitution in which I have sworn an oath to protect."

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will just apply regulary then. It's good to know that they work with "out of staters" in regards to the hiring process.
                    How long have you been with OPD? What's it like call volume wise and call type wise? I'm just curious.

Comment

pm at ya................................................ ....................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5956 users online. 336 members and 5620 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X