• Show
Clear All

• smith0096
    replied
    Amen Brother....Amen

Leave a comment:

• Redders
    replied
    Frankly if your fishing for a violation just so your can pull someone over and write them for a secondary seat belt violation you need to assess your priorities.

Leave a comment:

• johnny5
    replied
    Most drivers, especially in the city, will do something stupid enough you can pull them over.

Leave a comment:

• 2Adam29
    replied
    Originally posted by armorer1984
    Yeah, you can't be stopped for not having your seatbelt on and having nothing else wrong. That doesn't mean that the LE can't be watching you like a hawk waiting for a reason to stop you and give you a citation for both things. Rode with a Trooper who explained it to me that if you want it bad enough, 75% of cars/drivers out there have something you can stop them for if you want to be nitpicky enough.
    every officer I've talked to said that if you need to pull someone over, you'll find justification in one form or another every time. So really making it secondary doesn't do a heck of a lot, you just gotta be ready to pay for two infractions instead of one.

Leave a comment:

• armorer1984
    replied
    Originally posted by equinox137
    I also thought they were a secondary infraction in NE
    Yeah, you can't be stopped for not having your seatbelt on and having nothing else wrong. That doesn't mean that the LE can't be watching you like a hawk waiting for a reason to stop you and give you a citation for both things. Rode with a Trooper who explained it to me that if you want it bad enough, 75% of cars/drivers out there have something you can stop them for if you want to be nitpicky enough.

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    replied
    I was probably mistaken

I think it was quite obvious that what I thought I witnessed could not be so.

Leave a comment:

• equinox137
    replied
    Originally posted by David Hineline
    I got stopped in a Click it or Ticket raid one time and since it was the same time that local bars close I figured it was really about a sobriety check and had nothing to do with seatbelts.

I did witness bicycle cops one time around midnight pulling up to cars at stop lights and issuing no seat belt tickets, sneaky tactics.
    Was this not your quote?

Leave a comment:

• Redders
    replied
    I was on bicycle also, and not close enough to know exactly what was going on, perhaps they were giving verbals on the seatbelts, perhaps trying to get dates.

CHILD PASSENGER RESTRAINT LAW
    This is a primary law. Any person driving in Nebraska can be stopped and ticketed solely for this violation.

Children up to age 6 must ride correctly secured in a federally-approved child safety seat (applies to all seating positions).
    A violation will carry a $25 fine and one point will be assessed against the operator's driving record.
    Children up to age eighteen are prohibited from riding in cargo areas.
    Child care providers must transport all children securely in an appropriate safety seat or safety belt.
    OCCUPANT PROTECTION LAW
    This is a secondary law. Drivers are cited for this violation only if stopped for a separate violation.

Drivers and front seat passengers are required to ride buckled up in a safety belt or child safety seat.
    All children ages 6 up to 18 are required to ride secured in a safety belt (or child safety seat, if desired) in all seating positions.
    Violation carries a $25 fine.
    Note that I said seat belt not child restraint.

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    replied
    I was on bike also

I was on bicycle also, and not close enough to know exactly what was going on, perhaps they were giving verbals on the seatbelts, perhaps trying to get dates.

CHILD PASSENGER RESTRAINT LAW
    This is a primary law. Any person driving in Nebraska can be stopped and ticketed solely for this violation.

Children up to age 6 must ride correctly secured in a federally-approved child safety seat (applies to all seating positions).
    A violation will carry a $25 fine and one point will be assessed against the operator's driving record.
    Children up to age eighteen are prohibited from riding in cargo areas.
    Child care providers must transport all children securely in an appropriate safety seat or safety belt.
    OCCUPANT PROTECTION LAW
    This is a secondary law. Drivers are cited for this violation only if stopped for a separate violation.

Drivers and front seat passengers are required to ride buckled up in a safety belt or child safety seat.
    All children ages 6 up to 18 are required to ride secured in a safety belt (or child safety seat, if desired) in all seating positions.
    Violation carries a $25 fine.

Leave a comment:

• equinox137
    replied
    I also thought they were a secondary infraction in NE

Leave a comment:

• Redders
    replied
    I got stopped in a Click it or Ticket raid one time and since it was the same time that local bars close I figured it was really about a sobriety check and had nothing to do with seatbelts.

I did witness bicycle cops one time around midnight pulling up to cars at stop lights and issuing no seat belt tickets, sneaky tactics.

Hmmmmm, your right they are a raid, SWAT Tactics and all.

Seat belts are a secondary infraction and you can not be solely stopped or cited for no belt.

Hmmmm sneaky, yes getting the job done one day at a time.

Smells like bridge moss and cheese in here again.

Leave a comment:

• David Hineline
    replied
    Click it or Ticket

Leave a comment:

• Redders
    replied
    Originally posted by nebraska_deputy
    Any other Nebraska agency working "Buckle Up In Your Truck" or "Click It Or Ticket" grant? If so how many hours did you get? We put in for 20 hours, for Buckle up in your truck and got 10 hours for the week. For Click it or Ticket we put in for 40 hours, and got 20 hours. If you did put in for the grant did you get your hours cut in half too?
    We got 24 a piece for both grant periods.

Leave a comment:

• "Buckle Up In Your Truck" and "Click It Or Ticket"

Any other Nebraska agency working "Buckle Up In Your Truck" or "Click It Or Ticket" grant? If so how many hours did you get? We put in for 20 hours, for Buckle up in your truck and got 10 hours for the week. For Click it or Ticket we put in for 40 hours, and got 20 hours. If you did put in for the grant did you get your hours cut in half too?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32107 users online. 61 members and 32046 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...